Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I place a Posse member on my Porch to activate the Central Bank, I assume the newly purchased building replaces the Central Bank. This would mean I would benefit from the Phase 2 or 3 ability of the new building, but would I also benefit from any immediate effects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 'Buying a Building' card section of the rules it states:

"Regardless of when a Building Card is acquired, it does not replace the current Building Card in play until the end of Phase Four."

So you'd only benefit from whatever building was there when you first placed your Posse member.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thank you! Can't believe I overlooked that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jacobson
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
So you'd only benefit from whatever building was there when you first placed your Posse member.

A related question, what about the Barber Shop (?) which lets you re-arrange the buildings under a porch slot? If, say, there was an instant action, and it was re-arranged to be a delayed resolution action, would an already-placed posse member trigger the delayed resolution?

And what about vice versa - replace a delayed with an instant action, would an already-placed posse member no longer get to use the delayed (and also not get to use the instant since he was already there)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MaineCoon wrote:
Braffe wrote:

A related question, what about the Barber Shop (?) which lets you re-arrange the buildings under a porch slot? If, say, there was an instant action, and it was re-arranged to be a delayed resolution action, would an already-placed posse member trigger the delayed resolution?

And what about vice versa - replace a delayed with an instant action, would an already-placed posse member no longer get to use the delayed (and also not get to use the instant since he was already there)?

The Barber Shop states, "You may not do this if a player is
using the topmost building."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.