Popular Tags: [View All]
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks the point system for skellies in MidEvil is a bit daft.
You get 1pt for a White Skellie that can be killed on a 4+, fair enough, but what about the higher scoring Blue and Red Skellies? Surely they are given higher point values for some reason? Oh..wait, no they're not!(?)
Well have a go at playing MidEvil the way we do! The point of our single (but potent) house rule is to make the Skellies worth their point values. It's simple;
White Skellies are worth 1pt and are killed on a 3+.
Red Skellies are worth 2pts and are killed on a 4+.
Blue Skellies are worth 3pts and are killed on a 5+.
This rule makes a game of MidEvil much more strategic. Should you place Red Skellies ahead of yourself? Could you take on Blue ones? Maybe you should just go with White Skellies and take things one point at a time? In addition, event cards like "It's only a flesh wound" can be used with much more carnage then before.
We disscussed the idea after the first time we played the game and have played that way since. Try it, you just might like it!goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bush
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Exactly the same fix we tried - makes the game MUCH better. I can't imagine that this was NOT the original intent. When we first played with the RAP (Rules As Printed), we were all flabbergasted at how stupid the skellie point values were. But now?

Blue skellies is SCARY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.