Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, y'all.

I missed the game on KS, but picked up a retail copy and the expansions box a few days ago at my FLGS.

Really like the game. And it's just beautiful!

What's the best way to start adding in the expansions? If I'm mostly playing 2-player games (me and the Mrs.), do I just shuffle in the R, G, and B packs and all the non-guppy Mech pack? I wasn't sure if that's just for adding more players or something?

And then with all those guppies from the Guppy and Mech packs, we just pick one to start with, right? Then that's it for those? If I just want to stick with the extra cards in the "ADAPT" deck, do I just leave the other guppies out for now?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wrot!
United States
Alhanbra
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay in response I was on vacation.

Thanks for the question, and for supporting ADAPT, and welcome to BGG, lemme know if you need Geek Gold to get your avatar up.

To the questions!

Best way to add expansions:
I'd shuffle in R, G, or B alone if you crack out on 1, or all 3. Black is designed to balance body to part ratio with R,G, & B, so I'd suggest all 4 if you like. They keep the same body to part RATIO but at the same time put in more Bodies, so it makes things move faster. Black alone can be shuffled into the core game as well, but alone it makes it slower to get bodies.

Guppies:
Yes, choose a guppy (randomly? : ) and leave the rest aside.
Selecting randomly is awesome, but they're not all even power levels.
The special RGB guppies in the Yellow pack are high end; the 3 Mech guppies are high end, and Brown & Clear from the yellow are pretty high end. All the other standard yellow pack guppies are good to draw randomly from (or choose). The 3 special RGB & 3 Biomech can be pooled to 6 and drawn/choose from, and Brown & Clear can easily be put in there for 8 to draw/choose from.

Thanks again so very much for your question. I'm glad you love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks, just what I needed to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.