$30.00
$20.00
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or did FFP finally get the message that Y2K wants their minis back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These ones require assembly. And some of these ones were a real pain. The gluing part was OK, but cutting the helmets* and guns* off the sprues was a nightmare - having the sprues connect to the smallest/thinnest piece of the mini was really annoying. I ended up having to glue a couple helmets/gas lines back together before even starting on the normal assembly.

Much of this picture is Trederra minis - everything on the green mat, and most of the stuff between the mat and Beli'al are Trederra stuff (there's a few Flesh Drones in there).

*The tricky pieces are in the group just above the green mat - there were 3 connection points on the straps of those guns, and 1 connection point on each hose of the gas masks on the helmets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect every mini for this line to require assembly. If you had any hope to the contrary, it's best to part with it.

For me, that's not a bad thing. I played Warhammer for over 20 years, so the amount of assembly on these is laughable to me. I do absolutely understand why people with a board game background would find the assembly of miniatures irritating, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, at this point don't expect a change. This game will always require assembly. It's designed for the hobby gamer who likes to build and paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Praxus wrote:
I would expect every mini for this line to require assembly. If you had any hope to the contrary, it's best to part with it.

For me, that's not a bad thing. I played Warhammer for over 20 years, so the amount of assembly on these is laughable to me. I do absolutely understand why people with a board game background would find the assembly of miniatures irritating, though.

This was my reaction.

I looked at the minis and thought 'Onl 4-5 pieces each. What are people complaining about?' It wasn't until later, merrily filing away flash lines when it occurred to me that I'm not normal, and that other people might not actually enjoy this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
I ended up having to glue a couple helmets/gas lines back together before even starting on the normal assembly.

This. I found for the helmets cutting the gas lines first was best, cutting the top of the helmet caused the gas lines to snap from the rest of the helmet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's good for all those 1970's plants in China to still have business and not shut down..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Halstead
Canada
Theodore
SASKATCHEWAN
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only thing I found really annoying about assembling these minis was the lack of pins and divots. I hope this isn't a trend, it made putting them together more of a task for me and my shaky hands. Especially lining up the guns that attach at the arm and wrist. I dint know if some feel that this is preferable, but not for me. I also feel that flat plastic against flat plastic makes them structurally weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.