Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played yesterday - we like it a lot.

Some questions arose concerning
index of card abilities in the rules vs. text on cards:
> rules index > some of the cards can be used during phases 1 - 3 / Cards don't say that. There is even an icon of a specific phase on the upright corner.

> Fort - rules index > the ability has no effect if Chieftain attacks / Card > nothing of that

> Envoy - rules index > copy ability of any 1 non-enemy Card in the crossroads / Card > copy ability of a non-level 1-card in the crossroads

General questions:
Governor - rules index > Rearrange 2 cards in 2 player fields. Does that mean within one field/row or can I switch cards in 2 rows, or...?

> If enemy-cards are left in the crossroads after defending - does each enemy-card "attack" 1 player-caravan (of his choice)? And only the player on turn, I think - not both players - correct?

> Do I get the bonus-points for cards in the field-row, even when only 1 card has a higher numerical value than the card built before.
>>> Example: First card built is a level 1-card, 2nd also a 1 and 3rd a 2. Do I get the bonus-poins for the 3rd card? (No continuous increasing row of cards > 1-2-3.)

Thanks for reply.

Günter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
working through a cold tonight. I'll try and answer all your questions tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions arose concerning index of card abilities in the rules vs. text on cards:
> rules index > some of the cards can be used during phases 1 - 3 / Cards don't say that. There is even an icon of a specific phase on the upright corner.

The cards show icons down the lefthand side that are symbols for the game phases: 3 squares, 2 coins, grey stone, black shield, camel. See player aid sheet pg 8 in the rules file.

> Fort - rules index > the ability has no effect if Chieftain attacks / Card > nothing of that

> Envoy - rules index > copy ability of any 1 non-enemy Card in the crossroads / Card > copy ability of a non-level 1-card in the crossroads

pg 7 of the rules (the Index of Card Abilities) should be used as the master reference for all card actions.

General questions:
Governor - rules index > Rearrange 2 cards in 2 player fields. Does that mean within one field/row or can I switch cards in 2 rows, or...?

They have to be within different rows.

> If enemy-cards are left in the crossroads after defending - does each enemy-card "attack" 1 player-caravan (of his choice)? And only the player on turn, I think - not both players - correct?

see the Index of Card Abilities for how caravans are attacked and yes they only attack the current player who is taking the turn, not the opponent player.

> Do I get the bonus-points for cards in the field-row, even when only 1 card has a higher numerical value than the card built before.
>>> Example: First card built is a level 1-card, 2nd also a 1 and 3rd a 2. Do I get the bonus-poins for the 3rd card? (No continuous increasing row of cards > 1-2-3.)

yes you would get the stacking bonus for the 3rd card because it is correctly built (a 2nd level card) after the 2nd card (a 1st level card).

hope this helps you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Peter
Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thank you.
Played your game the 3rd time now and like it. My wife too - maybe because she won ;-)
(joke) - really well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
glad you like it! I think the cooperative/competitive structure works as does deck building but then build and lose card powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.