Subject: Attack on Japanese tanks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the US is firing on a Japanese armor unit and the attack includes US armor, would you still be required to have the weapons printed on the Japanese armor unit?
I've been using the house rule, that when US armor is in the attack force, I ignore the printed weapon requirments on the counter. Anybody have any feedback on this? THX
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
A tank counts as a bazooka, and within a certain range counts as an MG/BAR. Double-check your charts & tables because it clearly shows what weapons a US Tank unit brings to the combat.

Therefore, it can't kill the Japanese tank that requires a FT (flamethrower) or Naval Artillery.

So you're not doing it right.

I would do it by the book because the Japanese tanks are an important and variable tool in the Japanese arsenal to kill you. They're not always that hard (but sometimes they can be). Plus there are only 3 of them, and you can bypass their weapon requirements with a hero or HQ/Hero (or, in the extended turns, with support tokens).

If you do not already know about them, be sure to read the errata around here (they are official and change the victory conditions considerably in the Marines favor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.