Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've certainly toyed with that--specifically, with doing Bywater's "Great Pacific War," which was not the same as Orange, but close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132454/plan-orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not include them because I was keeping things simple and I do not know too much about them. Feel free to add rules.

What is your take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackwatch wrote:

By the way, in GMT's Plan Orange there includes the use of USN dirigibles ...

I recommended to Mark that he include them, pretty much because I always thought they were awesome and because definitely would have been part of an early 1930's conflict.

It's interesting that the Navy hadn't completely agreed on the doctrine for how to employ them.

http://www.airships.net/us-navy-rigid-airships/uss-akron-mac...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takes for the link Hawkeye. Will read when I have a minute.

So, should I upload my Plan Orange variant on the VITP page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Takes for the link Hawkeye. Will read when I have a minute.

So, should I upload my Plan Orange variant on the VITP page?

Absolutely, Sean. I look forward to it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen the War Plan Orange variant from Camelot Games? If so just curious what you thought of it.

Quote:
Starting on turn 5 Japanese ships must make a speed roll to leave port if Indonesia was not controlled on the previous turn. They fail the roll on a 6.

This wouldn't be a bad idea for realism in the actual game too. Either that or something like: give a base of -1 to Japanese speed rolls, an additional -1 if they don't control Saigon, and an additional -1 if they don't have Indonesia flagged.

Quote:
I've certainly toyed with that--specifically, with doing Bywater's "Great Pacific War," which was not the same as Orange, but close.

I like Bywater's book, but it did get a bit repetitive at times. A lot of it was fairly believable as far as how a 1930ish war would have gone.

I do find some of the false marketing by the publishers a bit amusing - e.g. "The incredible book that predicted Pearl Harbor!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.