J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“On Friday, September 30, the Office of New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman issued a Notice of Violation to the Donald J. Trump Foundation (‘Trump Foundation’) and directed the entity to cease and desist from soliciting contributions in New York,” Schneiderman’s office said in a statement.

“The notice states that the Trump Foundation ‘is in violation of section 172 of Article 7-A New York’s Executive Law, which requires charitable organizations that solicit contributions in New York State to register with the Charities Bureau and to provide annual financial reports and annual audited financial statements.’

Despite failing to register pursuant to Article 7-A, the Trump Foundation solicited contributions in New York State earlier this year, in violation of New York law.”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Quote:
“On Friday, September 30, the Office of New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman issued a Notice of Violation to the Donald J. Trump Foundation (‘Trump Foundation’) and directed the entity to cease and desist from soliciting contributions in New York,” Schneiderman’s office said in a statement.

“The notice states that the Trump Foundation ‘is in violation of section 172 of Article 7-A New York’s Executive Law, which requires charitable organizations that solicit contributions in New York State to register with the Charities Bureau and to provide annual financial reports and annual audited financial statements.’

Despite failing to register pursuant to Article 7-A, the Trump Foundation solicited contributions in New York State earlier this year, in violation of New York law.”

What the hell is politically motivated about telling an unregistered charity to stop collecting money? I think the interesting part is no statement from the Trump folks about getting said paperwork up to date
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I start to wonder how many legal problems will come out of this election for Trump. He would have been better off to leave it alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
something something BUT CLINTON FOUNDATION #Democrat_Privilege stupid sexy Flanders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I start to wonder how many legal problems will come out of this election for Trump. He would have been better off to leave it alone.

Lots: Trump wanted to fire women who weren't pretty enough, say employees at his California golf club (The suit was filed way before Trump announced.)

And all sorts of slime is coming out of the woodwork: “I love it.... The fact that Donald Trump’s doing so well, it proves that I’m winning. I am winning.” --David Duke

And now it's...
Springtime for Donald and G.O.P.
Alt-right is happy--not gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race!
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Alt-Right party!

laugh yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
What the hell is politically motivated about telling an unregistered charity to stop collecting money? I think the interesting part is no statement from the Trump folks about getting said paperwork up to date

Well for one, its been in operation since 1988 and never had this come up when Trump was a Democrat. All of the sudden its October and he is a Republican so it became an issue. Of course its politically motivated.

The good news for Trump, it helps his campaign as an outsider with the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Well for one, its been in operation since 1988 and never had this come up when Trump was a Democrat. All of the sudden its October and he is a Republican so it became an issue.

it probably has something to do with him running for president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose he could have followed the applicable laws when running his charity, contributed more of his own money to said charity (especially after 2008 when, if I recall correctly, he stopped contributing any of his own money) and avoided what appears to be self dealing by using the charity to pay off his business' legal fees. Then he could have used his charity as a source of strength rather than it becoming a liability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Quote:

Tinmi9ng, I assume it has always been incorrectly registered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Well for one, its been in operation since 1988 and never had this come up when Trump was a Democrat. All of the sudden its October and he is a Republican so it became an issue. Of course its politically motivated.

And as an incompetent crook with everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Quote:

Well wa po outted the story. The AG had his hand forced, hardly a grand conspiracy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Quote:

Well wa po outted the story. The AG had his hand forced, hardly a grand conspiracy.
NO, but even so it is still "convenient".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Quote:

NO, but even so it is still "convenient".

Remove the quotes and it is more accurate. This is the king of shit the AG probably doesn't have the time/resources to fuck around with on a normal basis, so it was ignored even if noticed. Why spend huge ammounts of money battling a litigious asshole over this when NY has more important problems. Once outted boom.

This is why Trumo won't reveal tax returns. The IRS has limited resources to scruitinize him. If the media get ahold of his returns the resources devoted to ferreting out his BS will expand exponentially and things will be dragged kicking and screaming into the light.

This being the difference between Trumo and Hillary. Most of her problems have been under the spotlight for years or in some cases decades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:

Hillary's New World Order goon squad will be digging up every piece of dirt, real or imagined, on him and everyone who has ever done business with him.

By that you of course mean that the proper enforcement agencies will be looking into the illegalities that are coming out regarding his foundation. Or does The Donald have some kind of sovereign immunity for this type of thing.

Or for things like illegally using his foundation to fund his Presidential run, like donating money to early critics of his as pointed out in this article

"As Donald Trump began making noise about a possible bid for president in 2011, South Carolina conservative activist Oran Smith caught the celebrity businessman’s eye as a particularly vocal and potentially influential critic.

"Trump would get thumped here,” Smith, president of the Palmetto Family Council, a social conservative public policy group, told the Christian Broadcasting Network. “He is a celebrity, but an apprentice at politics.”

Smith’s comments appeared in a March 2011 CBN story alongside feedback from other key national evangelical leaders such as Ralph Reed and Tony Perkins. Shortly after the story ran, Trump called Smith and invited him to meet at Trump Tower in New York, Smith told RealClearPolitics, “to see if he could convince me those things weren’t true.”

“It probably had something to do with, I was in an early primary state,” Smith said. Trump was “laying the foundation for a ... campaign,” Smith thought at the time, although “it was difficult trying to tell if he was serious about running for president or not.”

During their meeting in Trump’s office, they discussed Christian faith and religious liberty. Smith was struck by “a different Donald Trump than I expected.” On his way out the door, Smith asked that Trump consider donating to the Palmetto Family Council.

“He was never heavy-handed about any quid pro quo,” Smith said.

But Trump delivered.

“It was a quiet donation that came with a simple cover letter,” Smith said. It read: “Great meeting with you and your wife in my office,” dated May 6, 2011. Enclosed was a check for $10,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

"That check is one of at least several donations to suggest Trump used his private foundation, funded by outside donors, to launch and fuel his political ambitions. Such contributions, if they were made solely for Trump’s benefit, could violate federal self-dealing laws for private foundations.

From 2011 through 2014, Trump harnessed his eponymous foundation to send at least $286,000 to influential conservative or policy groups, a RealClearPolitics review of the foundation’s tax filings found. In many cases, this flow of money corresponded to prime speaking slots or endorsements that aided Trump as he sought to recast himself as a plausible Republican candidate for president.

Although sources familiar with the thinking behind the donations cautioned that Trump did not explicitly ask for favors in return for the money, they said the contributions were part of a deliberate effort by Trump to ingratiate himself with influential conservatives and brighten his political prospects.

“He was politically active starting in 2011,” said one source with ties to Trump, and at that point he “started to make strategic donations.”

The lion’s share of those donations came from Trump’s personal funds and went straight to political campaigns or parties. But others, in particular those directed to the nonprofit arms of conservative policy groups, originated with Trump’s foundation.

“If he could do 501(c)(3) to 501(c)(3), he did it that way,” said the source, using the tax code designation for nonprofit organizations.

But Trump has not donated to the foundation that bears his name since 2008, CNN reported last month, which means other donors bore the cost of his giving."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/04/trump_u...

Sorry, but if there does seem to be an awful lot of "dirt" there to deal with. Kind of soils the "outsider" image of the Donald as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
RCP reports on LOTS of illegal looking stuff Trump did with his foundation:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
RCP reports on LOTS of illegal looking stuff Trump did with his foundation:

Holy fuckballs. All these Republican orgs are going to have to return the money, and the Foundation's books will have to be audited -- no way around that now.

LOCK HIM UP
LOCK HIM UP
LOCK HIM UP
(hey, good evidence is a thing!)
LOCK HIM UP
LOCK HIM UP

Edit: and then there's this bit of stupidity --

Quote:
But Trump’s greatest early political exposure might have come from Citizens United, a conservative political group whose president, David Bossie, met with Trump in 2011 about a potential presidential bid and remained a close ally. More recently, Bossie took leave from his group last month to join Trump’s campaign as deputy campaign manager.

It might have helped that, in 2014, Trump’s foundation donated $100,000 to the Citizens United Foundation, by far its single largest donation to any group that year. RCP reached Bossie by phone Monday and offered him an opportunity to respond; Bossie said he would call back but did not and subsequently could not be reached for comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.