4 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement and terrain order. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Desdemian Desdemian
msg tools
We run into this situation:

One part of my machine could generate 3 wheels (normal movement) and another part 1 gold wheel (no damage). The spaces in front of me were: no damage, no damage, 1 damage, no damage.

So my question is, is this situation as simple as saying:

Option 1] "I have 4 movements, one of them is golden, so I skip the damage taken from that third space".

Or... do I have to advance step by step. As in:

Option 2] "I activate this part 2 times for 2 normal movements, then I activate this golden wheel to skip the damage, and finally I activate the first part again for an extra movement".

Why the question? If the 3 wheels are obtained by a combination of dice that works together (ie: (5 + 2 + 2) / 3 = 3 movements), but not separated (5 + 2) / 3 = 2 movements, and the last die 2 = no movements. Then the second way of playing is harder to pull off.

What would be correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you must do option 2. If you are unable to generate the extra movement with the 2nd activation of the first machine part due to the dice configuration (as you described), you must choose to either take the damage (moving 3 + 1 smooth) or move only 3 spaces (the third movement being smooth and taking no damage).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it would be option 2.

From the OP's example of (5 + 2 + 2) / 3 to get the 3 move, you would have to take all of them in one go since that is one activation. By the same token, if you had a 6 and a 3 you could apply the 6 for two move, activate the smooth move card with a different die, then activate the first one again with that 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desdemian Desdemian
msg tools
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.