Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I'm not...

I've seen mention many places (here, reviews, kickstarter comments) that people are running low on Infamy Tokens during the game play. Yet, I've rarely ever gone through even half of the tokens. I've played 3, and 4 player games and never had an issue.

How often are you supposed to take tokens? Just for infamy dice and when cards tell you to right? Not for notoriety points, else things like Political Campaign wouldn't work right.

I've seen it mentioned so often now that I think that either I'm playing it incorrectly, or everyone else is (clearly everyone else is!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Because I'm not...

I've seen mention many places (here, reviews, kickstarter comments) that people are running low on Infamy Tokens during the game play. Yet, I've rarely ever gone through even half of the tokens. I've played 3, and 4 player games and never had an issue.

How often are you supposed to take tokens? Just for infamy dice and when cards tell you to right? Not for notoriety points, else things like Political Campaign wouldn't work right.

I've seen it mentioned so often now that I think that either I'm playing it incorrectly, or everyone else is (clearly everyone else is!)

Every instance I've encountered so far is someone doing something wrong, such as not using the 5 value tokens as 5's, or taking tokens for everything that provides points when they should only be taking it for things that make tokens. Going through about half the tokens is the norm, it sounds like you're doing it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it quite a bit with all player counts, and we've never run out of tokens.

I wonder if people are taking tokens for everything that scores points? Besides running out of tokens, that could mess the game up a bit because some cards have abilities or scoring rules that refer specifically to infamy tokens.

I do wish the 1 and 5 point tokens were more distinct. In nearly every game I've played, someone has accidentally taken a 5 point token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
pieforteeth wrote:

I do wish the 1 and 5 point tokens were more distinct. In nearly every game I've played, someone has accidentally taken a 5 point token.

I used a silver sharpie on the border of mine. I wish they had been printed in inverted color so as to stand out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alenros
Israel
Tel-Kazir
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great idea!
they are thhe exact same size and color.
the dark-purple on black makes it so hard to distinguish between the regular ones and the five points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Burrows
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
We played for the first time last night and almost ran out. We used the 5's correctly, and we did not take tokens for the laurel cards or special point cards.

I think what happened with us is that people had such powerful cards to convert to infamy tokens, that they were not buying the cards on the table. We went 5 rounds with nobody taking any cards and the tokens began to dwindle.

A player had to leave and we decided to call it considering we were nearly out of points and it was close to midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You were only using the converter cards once per turn, right? 5 turns without a purchase sounds like you were multi-activating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.