4 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: evil stirs 'fight the madness' question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert baynosa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does the sanity die roll for fight the madness apply to all players or just the active one?
thematically speaking, a rousing elder god should have all the players fight the madness, and this is the way weve been playing it for our first two games.
however, i would like an official answer to the question. thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The sanity roll for "fight the madness" applies only to the person who drew the card. But I like the spirit of heaping on the madness on everyone. Lol...brutal but clever as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been playing with a slight variation of this where the player who draws the Evil Stirs card and all investigators in the same town have to roll the sanity die. It makes sanity loss a bit more of a threat in four player without being over the top. It's a bit more themey too, making the towns a bit more than just coloured regions on the board; now when someone draws an Evil Stirs in Dunwich it's the emergence of the Dunwich Horror and everyone in town risks succumbing to its influence.

Probably best played with randomised start locations, as drawing Evil Stirs on the first turn is already enough of a setback as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.