United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I will not be organizing a Scotch Crawl this year. Last year was so well attended that it got a little too big. No major issues once the dust cleared but things did get a little loud and some non BGG'ers couldn't get some much needed sleep.

That being said I will be bringing a few nice bottles and if anyone wishes to share a dram with me we can do so at my room or yours.

The scotch review show I co-host (Scotch Test Dummies) on YouTube is going gangbusters (yes a shameless plug) and I have access to some pretty good bottles. Not sure what I'm bringing just yet but please direct message me. We can enjoy a game and a dram!

Bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a shame, but understandable. Thanks for the great times the last few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armed-medic wrote:

I will not be organizing a Scotch Crawl this year. Last year was so well attended that it got a little too big. No major issues once the dust cleared but things did get a little loud and some non BGG'ers couldn't get some much needed sleep.

That being said I will be bringing a few nice bottles and if anyone wishes to share a dram with me we can do so at my room or yours.

The scotch review show I co-host (Scotch Test Dummies) on YouTube is going gangbusters (yes a shameless plug) and I have access to some pretty good bottles. Not sure what I'm bringing just yet but please direct message me. We can enjoy a game and a dram!

Bart

I also always bring a few bottles with me and never was able to make it to one of the unofficial crawls. I'd love to share a dram or two with you. My room would be just fine. Thursday should work for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, there were a few folks last year who were a bit too rowdy after the crawl that didn't help the opinion of the of the crawl itself. Plus, some folks seemed to not treat it as a tasting and instead a reason to to get drunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Longstreet
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up for a little sipping too, would a little Irish Whiskey be acceptable for the tasting table?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Smith
United States
Augusta
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to join in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestank wrote:
This is a shame, but understandable. Thanks for the great times the last few years.

It was a blast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Yeah, there were a few folks last year who were a bit too rowdy after the crawl that didn't help the opinion of the of the crawl itself. Plus, some folks seemed to not treat it as a tasting and instead a reason to to get drunk.

Or as I call it "scotch Happy". You are correct. I have some co-workers that hear I do scotch reviews and they assume that involves a lot of consumption. I explain that a very good ounce of scotch can last me an hour. When I am taste testing scotch it's all about being right in that moment and focusing the senses. Has a lot in common with meditation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clongstr72 wrote:
I am up for a little sipping too, would a little Irish Whiskey be acceptable for the tasting table?
of course...that triple distillation is so very smooth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoserama wrote:
I'd love to join in
Shelby you always know where to find me. Nothing organized this year just some here and there tastings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to sit and learn with ya sometime. Fan of the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
I'd love to sit and learn with ya sometime. Fan of the show.

You bet. Done deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart, many thanks for all your work! I appreciated the introduction for a couple of years. I learned a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year was my introduction to the event and it indeed did seem to have more of a party atmosphere than I expected. It was good to learn more about Scotch.

I would enjoy the chance to share a dram with you Bart. I'm also tempted to bring a nice rum for you to try something from the spirit I am most familiar with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
Bart, many thanks for all your work! I appreciated the introduction for a couple of years. I learned a lot!

Thanks Sterling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
Last year was my introduction to the event and it indeed did seem to have more of a party atmosphere than I expected. It was good to learn more about Scotch.

I would enjoy the chance to share a dram with you Bart. I'm also tempted to bring a nice rum for you to try something from the spirit I am most familiar with.

You bet PHX...I like rum too...but I do lean Scotch, then Rye then Bourbon...oh my.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moss
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad. I brought a bottle last year, but was unable to join. Was looking forward to actually participating this year. Totally understand though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was looking forward to joining again after my hiatus the past couple years, but I understand. Good on you for keeping it going while it lasted. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear it's not happening, it was a real highlight for me last year. There were perhaps too many good drink available at once that it was hard not to over-indulge a bit. I met some great people though, and was introduced to a lot of fantastic Scotches.

I generally stick more to Bourbon, Rye and Irish Whiskey, so it was a great opportunity to branch out. I now make sure to keep a Balvenie 12 in my cabinet along with my other favorites. Thanks for introducing me to the world of Scotch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwillmoss wrote:
That's too bad. I brought a bottle last year, but was unable to join. Was looking forward to actually participating this year. Totally understand though.
find me and I can share a little of what I bring.

Bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trenzor wrote:
Was looking forward to joining again after my hiatus the past couple years, but I understand. Good on you for keeping it going while it lasted. Cheers.
stop me and we can share a dram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
Sad to hear it's not happening, it was a real highlight for me last year. There were perhaps too many good drink available at once that it was hard not to over-indulge a bit. I met some great people though, and was introduced to a lot of fantastic Scotches.

I generally stick more to Bourbon, Rye and Irish Whiskey, so it was a great opportunity to branch out. I now make sure to keep a Balvenie 12 in my cabinet along with my other favorites. Thanks for introducing me to the world of Scotch!

We can link up, I will have a couple options with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I do understand and am quite sad at the same time.

I donated a bottle every year it ran and was going to donate again this year. Last year was too much party, the first year was an awesome time. If there was a way to return to something along the lines of the first year I would be thrilled.

Private geek mail messages welcome for small scotch tasting meetups.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Longstreet
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you never know if you'll need to sip a little whiskey, I picked up a bottle last night just in case that will be available at the Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.