Dale Taylor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I know some cameos are put into games a "thank you" by the developers/designers, etc. And this is often unacknowledged, a secret wink.

But some Kickstarters have tiered rewards for putting the backer's likeness in the game. Off the top of my head I can't remember which ones have done this.

If you have been featured in a game, do you brag about it? Or slyly show off? Or just relish it secretly?

What are your opinions of such rewards? They seem like a fantastic idea to me, but I'm not really a good judge.

Do you think this helped the campaign, or was it just a vanity-based, time-consuming waste of the publisher's time.

- Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb

That's my wife. I was the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in SeaFall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... There is a geeky character in the Brazilian game Casa da Fama who suspiciously looks a bit like me. He even wears a shirt obviously inspired by Star Trek, and I'm kind of a trekker. Oh!, I almost forgot, his first name is Glauco. And I know both designers personally (but not the artist).

So, the guy on the top left... Do you think it's me or not?

ForgeOfHonor wrote:
If you have been featured in a game, do you brag about it? Or slyly show off? Or just relish it secretly?

I'm not sure if this post counts as bragging or slyly showing off, but I don't really care either way about being in the game.

Quote:
What are your opinions of such rewards?

I think it may be cool for the person being represented, but I'm not a fan of having some random person in my copy of the game just because he/she paid to be in it. And I myself would never pay anything close to the price usually asked for the privilege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Some KS campaigns have them at their pledges. I have never gone that far, though, as it has been too expensive for me. I put my sexy legs in a photo for a student magazine once!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hate them. (I'm a hater.) They usually look cheesy to me. Among popular games Viticulture is the worst offender I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Violet Mackerel
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:
I'm in SeaFall

Cool. I have a friend in Seafall, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.