Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to beat a dead horse but I had a quick question ...

Anyone who was with BGG for a while knows the controversy over the home page pics defaulting to people or games - Some said the people pics turned into a sports illustrated swimsuit issue and were very annoyed by it (I for one am not - just for the record)

So that is actually my question ... I rather enjoy the picture section defaulting to people rather then game pics but of course it doesn't!
Did BGG ever do anything about this so I would have the option to have it default to people when I go to my home page ?

I really enjoy looking at all the people pics (its actually what inspired me to build my own game table !!) and the way it is set up now every time I click on a people pic then return it goes back to the games pic tab again and I have to click people tab then advance to the page I was last on ... very annoying !!

And all because some people were offended by the pics being shown ... grrr

anyway ... anyone know a workaround ??

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that will help is to middle/wheel click on pictures to open them in a new tab. The same technique helps when navigating any list on bgg. Many of them tend to reset when you return to a page.

I tend to middle-click on all the things that interest me, click on next page, then go visit all the tabs I've opened. By the time I get done, the new page will be loaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
One thing that will help is to middle/wheel click on pictures to open them in a new tab. The same technique helps when navigating any list on bgg.

Opening in a new Tab is not BGG specific. You should learn it because it is a useful technique all over the internet

(I have no middle button. For me it is a right click)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or ctrl + left click.
And I like the Chrome app "Tabs to the front" so that when i open a link in a new tab, it automatically changes focus to the newly opened tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.