Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Motivation:
· I feel the Rivers Hexes are a little bit underused;
· I really like the search for good neighbor aspect in TM games and it could be improved;
· Trading Posts could have more strategic importance, not just a step for big deal;
· More replayability means more fun.

Components:
· 9 Shipyards (one of each color);
· 9 Shipyard's reference, double sided (one of each color);
· 27 Ships (3 of each color);
· 1 bonus card: 3VP when you complete a Trade / Action: move all your ships;
· 1 scoring tile : 5VP if you build a Shipyard / 2PW for each cult you have 4 or more steps;
· 1 Power Action token “move all your ships” (2PW);
· 1 Final Scoring Tile: Ruler of the 7 Rivers;
· Many Trade Tokens.

Building a Shipyard
· There will be special rules for Dwarfs, Fakirs and Riverwalkers;
· You can improve a Trading Post to a Shipyard if the TP has access to a River hex. There is only one Shipyard per player;
· The basic cost of the Shipyard would be 4w and 6c, but could be different to some races, in order to balance them (more expansive for Swarmlings and cheaper for Engineers for sure) ;
· It is a 2 3 power building. It will give immediately 1 Ship Tech Advance and a special Income;

Income
· In the first income after the Shipyard construction, put your 3 ships on it.
· In the others turns incomes take your ships that are on another player’s Shipyards and Trading Posts and put they back on your Shipyard. Ships on Rivers should not be moved during the income.

Moving the Ships
· After any of you actions you can move one or more of your ships ;
· Each ship can be moved up to your Ship Tech for free. You can expend 1PW Coin for one extra move for one ship. BON 4 will also increase your moves by one;
· You can move your ships in any order, but you have to finished one move before do the other.
· The 1st move of your ship must to one River hexe, after that, it can go to adjacent Rivers or enter in another player Shipyard or Trading Post, if it is empty. Each Shipyard and Trading Post can only receive one ship per turn. The ships cannot pass through the buildings, once they are in, they immediately do a TRADE and cannot be moved anymore until the next income.
· Your ships can pass through other ships but must end the move on a hexe without other ship (including yours). The exception is ships inside their Shipyard, they don’t block any move.
· Every time a ship pass through a complete bridged of other player, that player receive 1 PW. Completed bridge means one building in each side, but not necessary your building.

Trade
· The owner of the ship will choose ONE reward: 3 Coins, 1 Worker, 4 Power or 1 Cult Step in your lowest Cult. If the Final Scoring Tile: Ruler of the 7 Rivers is in play take on Trade Token.
· The owner of the building will receive 1 2 coins.

Move all your Ships
· There is a new Power Action “Move all your Ships” that costs 2 PW and can only be activated once per round as the others Power Actions.
· The new Bonus Card will give a “Move all your Ships” action, once per round.
· In both cases, you will do a movements of your ships as described before and after that you can do your free movements as well.

Final Scoring Tile: Ruler of the 7 Rivers
· Every time you do a Trade, you receive a Trade Token. The Final Scoring will give 18/12/6 VPs for the players with more Trade Tokens.

Riverwalker
· The riverwalkers receive 5 VP when the Shipyard is build, they do not receive Ship Tech.
· The ships range is equal to 1 plus 1 for each Trading Post they have.

Fakir
· The Shipyard will increase the carpet range by 1;
· The ships range is equal to the carpet range (so it will start with 2, considering the Shipyard is build);

Dwarfs
· Dwarfs don’t have Shipyard, they have the Deep Market instead;
· The Deep Market can be build in any hexe, but can only receive ships if it is near of a river;
· Dwarfs don’t receive ship tech, obviously. Instead, the tunnel range is increased but only from the Deep Market.
· Dwarfs don’t have ships, they have Merchants. They start in the Deep Market. Their range is three from the Deep Market and two from others Dwarf’s buildings. They can only land in others Dwarfs buildings and others players Shipyards and Trading Posts, if they are empty. Merchants will Trade and occupy buildings like ships. There can be only one Dwarf Merchant in any hexe.

Yetis
· Shipyard is 4PW building

Engineers
· Shipyard cost 3w6c

Swarmlings
· Shipyard cost 5w6c

Halfling
· Your ships can stop in the same hex of others ships, including yours, but at max of 2 ships per hexe. Other players ships cannot stop in your ships hexex.

Ice Maidens
· Your temples can receive ships for a Special Trade. The owner of the ship can only choose one reward: 1 free cult step (any). Ice Maidens will receive 1 step in the same cult.

Alchemits
· Every time you do or receive a trade gain 1PW.

Auren
· The shipyard will also give one step in every cult when builded.

Acolytes
· When you do a trade you can receive a step in any cult (not only in the lowest).

arrrharrrharrrh

Edited: Final Scoring Tile: Ruler of the 7 Rivers included.
Factions included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds really fun. I'm intrigued. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tungsten Sword
Spain
flag msg tools
That's a very interesting idea. I don't know why, but reading this post made the minis from Catan: Seafarers come to my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea, it just needs some playtesting now

melendor wrote:

· After any of you actions you can move one or more of your ships ;

Does this mean I can move my ships after each and every action I take? If, so, that sound problematic to me, because now it incentivises players to take action they can separately to move their ships more and more, and that just slows down the game. Also TM I think has the mechanism that the first to pass (i.e. the one who had the least actions) will be the first in turn order as a catch-up. With this you're inverting that, and it might make the game more of a rich get richer.
My idea would be to place the ships immediately when the shipyard is built and move the ships in the income phase according to turn order, with a multiple of your ship value (for example five times ship value). This would make it way faster at least. On top of that you could also have the power action and a bonus tile for additional movement. Or the solution might be to make a sideboard for the shipyard building, and have an orange octagon on it that allows movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea!

There will be a race towards other players' TPs and shipyards. If we assume that every player has about one TP on the river plus a shipyard, that makes eight targets in a 4p game (some of them may be many river hexes away, or not even reachable, e.g. on F&I side 1 and Loon Lakes) for 12 ships. Shipping advancement becomes more attractive, and Mermaids get a free advantage when it comes to early trading in a round (and thus early and more likely resource influx).

The shipyard is expensive though, and it requires a few trades to pay off.

I presume upgrading a TP to shipyard will not trigger any of the scoring or bonus tiles which give VP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that the idea looks fun,

Like mentioned above, I also believe that moving ships after each action makes a lot of moves and may delay the game (and lower the interest of the 2pw->move ships). Consequently I wonder if it would not be possible to have one moving ship phase at the beginning of each round. This of course needs refinement: you probably want to allow a bit more moves than you ship tech, e.g. your ship tech+1 (+1 if you pay 1 pw). First player might be too powerful, thus you couls allow all players that have ships to move one ship (and do three "moving ship" turns, one per ship) ...

But overall the idea looks great! I'd like to try it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:

I presume upgrading a TP to shipyard will not trigger any of the scoring or bonus tiles which give VP?

New round scoring tile please!
I also think it's pretty expensive. Maybe a simpler way would be that all TPs on the shore would have a ship, that way no new type of building is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wallwaster wrote:

I believe there is one, called "Scoring tile"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LudoH wrote:
wallwaster wrote:

I believe there is one, called "Scoring tile"
Scoring tiles are not round, they are rectangular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more idea.

Components:
1 Final Scoring Tile: Ruler of the 7 Rivers
Many Trade Tokens

Every time you do a Trade, you receive a Trade Token. The Final Scoring will give 18/12/6 VPs for the players with more Trade Tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Cool idea!

The shipyard is expensive though, and it requires a few trades to pay off.

There would be one new scoring tile, one new bonus card and one new final scoring tile. They will can give VPs to make the Shipyard attractive in some games. Without them it can be a bad choice construct a Shipyard. It will not be build in every game and I think it is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurps Melendor
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LudoH wrote:
I also think that the idea looks fun,

Like mentioned above, I also believe that moving ships after each action makes a lot of moves and may delay the game (and lower the interest of the 2pw->move ships). Consequently I wonder if it would not be possible to have one moving ship phase at the beginning of each round. This of course needs refinement: you probably want to allow a bit more moves than you ship tech, e.g. your ship tech+1 (+1 if you pay 1 pw). First player might be too powerful, thus you couls allow all players that have ships to move one ship (and do three "moving ship" turns, one per ship) ...

But overall the idea looks great! I'd like to try it

The ships will increase the playing time, that is clear. But remember the players will be competing for markets. There will be a racing, one new competitive aspect in the game. They will not move their ships forever, the markets will be finished sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very nice! It reminds me of some of the strategy used in the Catan expansion Explorers and Pirates (rather than Seafarers).

Based on my game experience in that, I recommend allowing 2 ships per hex and pass through. I'm not sure about docking being allowed to one ship as you said or increasing it to two (for a better suggestion see below). For movement purposes moving ships should not be considered a free conversion (like 1pw to 1c or 3pw to 1w is free before or after an action) but a complete full action unless there is an extra move phase added.

Ships should either have a full separate move phase or moving 1 ship is an action. The current phases are Income, Actions, Cult Bonus. I would recommend Income, Move Ships, Actions, Cult Bonus since moving ships can give you income if you go this route. Personally, I would recommend making one ship move as a full action. Also, when the shipyard is built the player receives one ship instantly (maybe 2?) in addition to the free shipping advance and make the income of the shipyard be one ship during the next income phase. When a ship completes a trade I recommend returning the ship to the supply like priests used for shipping, digging, flying, or 1 cult step. The Power Action to Move All Ships might be too cheap at 2pw and 3pw might be better. If bridges are used as toll collectors then I recommend adding a 2nd ACT1 also. If you decide to go with ships as a new resource maybe add another Power Action: +1 Ship for 4pw. It can be used if you just have a TP adjacent to water and no shipyard yet.

I am also suggesting another action that can remove a ship from your ship supply. It can be used to sail to a new hex location and create a Dwelling for free on your home terrain. You can also use ACT5, ACT6, BON1, or regular faction digging (including Giants ACTG) if your ship (tunnel/flying merchant for Dwarves/Fakirs) is adjacent to the hex you dig (on the hex for Dwarves/Fakirs) and the ship can perform the digging. This ship conversion would not be available during the Cult Bonus, but the ships can use the Cult Spade Bonus to to dig a hex directly adjacent. When a ship is converted to a Dwelling turn the ship on its side on top of the hex and you get +1w income in the next income phase. Some factions might have this income adjusted down (like Engineers, Volcano) or up (like Ice or Swarmlings). I would suggest playtesting to see if allowing the Ship >> Dwelling conversion to count for Dwelling scoring. It might be too much, or it might be ok.

Another function of a ship at the end of the game is that it can be strategically placed to actually connect a network. This will make the final scoring and network scoring more competitive and cutting an opponent's network more difficult (especially on Original or Revised maps).

Since a shipyard's (SY) cost is similar to SH and SA, I would allow BON6 and any SH/SA scoring to be used on it since it is not as likely that all 3 will be built. If all 3 are built then those players could be at a disadvantage with lack of workers and lack of network. This means that the Shipyard should also be considered a 3pw building (4pw for Yetis).

It is also fine to add the special round tile for shipyards only. I would increase the point value to encourage players to build them during the SY round instead of the SH/SA round. Perhaps 7vp would be better? I think most players agree that 4pw for 4 Fire is the worst cult reward and should at least be changed to 1pw for 1 Fire like 1c for 1 Earth. I am thinking the cult bonus should probably be improved. Perhaps +1pw for each cult step in one cult of your choice? Another option would be for 2 priests on cult tracks you get +1 ship so you do not over produce your ship income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Since shipyards cost is similar to SH and SA, I would allow BON6 and any SH/SA scoring to be used on it since it is not as likely that all 3 will be built. If all 3 are built then those players could be at a disadvantage with lack of workers and lack of network. This means that the Shipyard should also be considered a 3pw building (4pw for Yetis).
I feel that this would make them too strong; in all games there is at least one building type which cannot earn you VP via bonus tile (temples), and usually more (if the respective bonus tile is not in the game).

I'm also unsure whether the "2pw per cult of 4+" income of th new 5VP scoring tile is a good idea, as it gives yet another reward for cult advancement (5VP for building the shipyard sounds fair), and whether 3VP per trade from the bonus tile isn't too strong, especially for the Mermaids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
DocCool wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Since shipyards cost is similar to SH and SA, I would allow BON6 and any SH/SA scoring to be used on it since it is not as likely that all 3 will be built. If all 3 are built then those players could be at a disadvantage with lack of workers and lack of network. This means that the Shipyard should also be considered a 3pw building (4pw for Yetis).
I feel that this would make them too strong; in all games there is at least one building type which cannot earn you VP via bonus tile (temples), and usually more (if the respective bonus tile is not in the game).

I'm also unsure whether the "2pw per cult of 4+" income of th new 5VP scoring tile is a good idea, as it gives yet another reward for cult advancement (5VP for building the shipyard sounds fair), and whether 3VP per trade from the bonus tile isn't too strong, especially for the Mermaids.

See my edits, I think this would be ok to do because the shipyard (SY) is essentially in the same building class as Strongholds and Sanctuaries, but I do admit that it would have to be playtested to see which of us is correct. Making the shipyard produce 1 ship as income can help limit the 3vp per trade in the round a player has the BON tile.

All Round Scoring Tile end round rewards are based on Cult Advancement.

Another Round Scoring Tile could also be made so that you get X vp once for completing a ship trade where X is the distance between the delivery and your shipyard. The Cult Bonus could be +1 priest if all cults are not at 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
BIG NEWS!

I have contacted Grovast and asked him if he would be interested in working on this. He agreed to start doing photoshop on boards for people to print out and test this. Melendor has been absent from Terra Mystica lately, but I was also able to contact him.

I made a few changes to the proposed mechanics in this topic based on my experience in play testing Gaia Project and in playing Catan Explorers and Pirates (E&P) which has a similar mechanism. In E&P ships physically transport items picked up from one hex and deliver them to another hex. The idea in the changes is to get a mechanic that is compatible with the current strategy and feel of Terra Mystica and could actually work in Gaia Project as well.

For a shipyard, Grovast found a commonly available meeple... the Catan Metropolis. It even looks like ship docks when laying on the side!

https://www.spielematerial.de/en/metropole.html

Ships are here:
https://www.spielematerial.de/en/ship-sailing-boat-catan.htm...

Here is the current version of the first board prototype. Of course keep in mind that this is a serious attempt so play testing is important and rules and methods will probably change.

You can see that the income is 1 ship, that you can take an Action to build another ship and also take an Action to move all of your ships. Grovast has made the point that this will slow down tempo. So these actions may need to be adjusted.

A ship has 2 things it can do.
1) Make a delivery to an opposing faction's building to get a reward and it will go back to your supply. The opposing faction gets a leech decision based on his building's level (D get 1pw for 0vp, TP/TE is 2pw for 1vp, and SH/SA/SY is 3pw for 2vp).
2) Permanently convert it to a Dwelling (like sending a Priest to Cult 3 or 2 spot) with +1w income. It will count for any Dwelling scoring (FAV11, BON9, and D round scoring). The D scoring part will need to tested.

You can also use a ship as a temporary extension of your empire, except for endgame scoring. So if you take ACT5 or ACT6 or use a cult spade, you can perform this adjacent to your ship.

Any SH/SA scoring works on the Shipyard.

There are some additional power actions, BONs and Round Scoring to help with shipping as well that need to be determined. Several are suggested already in this topic which might work.

The big issue is what are the rewards for shipping?

The current rewards posted might be too weak when compared to say the Mermaids SH. If you build a big building, you want to have enough reward to do so. I asked around between a few people (thejordan and CTKShadow) and mentioned these to Grovast. We can't flood the game with resources so some vp rewards should be added in. Grovast thought that Ship Tokens like Town Tiles should be used instead and you are not able to deliver to the same place more than once in a game. The Ship Tokens would also fit in with the Final Scoring Tile mentioned by melendor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Lewis
msg tools
Good work, James and Grovast!

From my perspective, the primary appeal of the Shipyard, besides some new decisions, is the possibility of a new source of VPs. At a high level, some factions (such as Nomads and Giants) often end flush with resources with few efficient ways to turn them into VPs. And unlike FAV10/FAV12, one one gets locked out of generating vps with this route.

One rewards structure could be:

Deliver to D -> 1w,1vp
Deliver to tp -> 3c,1vp
Deliver to te -> 5pw,1vp
Deliver to SH/SA/SY -> 5vp

A player who might otherwise end up with excess resources could instead invest in a Shipyard round 3 or 4 to generate 5 or 10 vps a round, and maybe get some resources they are missing.

I like the idea of good rewards but limiting one delivery per building, as it encourages planning and ship movement. If players placed small faction-colored ship token next to the building after a delivery, it could also track the proposed "most deliveries" final scoring.

Finally, I would be careful with adding too much complexity surrounding the ships. If we balance the rewards, I don't see why ships need to be treated as dwellings for scoring or income or anything else. They seem more like a limited resource, like priests, they can be used for a couple different benefits (deliver for resources, deliver for VPs, extend range).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with thejordan

thejordan wrote:
I like the idea of good rewards but limiting one delivery per building, as it encourages planning and ship movement. If players placed small faction-colored ship token next to the building after a delivery, it could also track the proposed "most deliveries" final scoring.
I also strongly dislike the idea of delivering the same opponent structure over and over round after round. Lets say you have an opponent's SY/SH/SA not far away from your SY : you should not be able to get the "big" reward (5VP in your proposal) 3/4/5 times in a game.

But on the other hand, having to place colored tokens on each delivered building sounds fiddly. Not only it would lead to a lot of manipulations, a busy board, but it would also mean much extra components (X tokens in 7 colors or even 10 colors with F&I). It's not really ideal, and might discourage people to print&play it.

There must be a better solution shake

thejordan wrote:
Finally, I would be careful with adding too much complexity surrounding the ships. If we balance the rewards, I don't see why ships need to be treated as dwellings for scoring or income or anything else. They seem more like a limited resource, like priests, they can be used for a couple different benefits (deliver for resources, deliver for VPs, extend range).
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What does "Turbati Aquae" mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The water is troubled" according to Google
so maybe something like "Troubled water"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quote:

Thank you, Grovast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grovast wrote:
Now let's imagine to build a bridge across this troubled water. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Grovast wrote:
Agreed with thejordan

thejordan wrote:
I also strongly dislike the idea of delivering the same opponent structure over and over round after round. Lets say you have an opponent's SY/SH/SA not far away from your SY : you should not be able to get the "big" reward (5VP in your proposal) 3/4/5 times in a game.

But on the other hand, having to place colored tokens on each delivered building sounds fiddly. Not only it would lead to a lot of manipulations, a busy board, but it would also mean much extra components (X tokens in 7 colors or even 10 colors with F&I). It's not really ideal, and might discourage people to print&play it.

There must be a better solution shake

Theoretically, the maximum amount of Ship Tokens a player can earn is 18 if they build the Shipyard in R1, build the extra ship in each round, take the new power action (call it ACT_MS for make ship) to make a ship in each round, and be able to move all of their ships into another building in all 6 rounds. Obviously, someone has to really focus on this outcome, and it's extremely unlikely that this would be able to occur anyway.

The most realistic scenario I can see is this for Mermaids in a 5P game:
R1 Build SY at E4 or E5, Ship, and ACT_MS and get all 3 to another location in R1 where players tightly pack starting D together. Need 3 tokens.
R2 Ship income, build ship, advance ship to 3, but miss ACT_MS and get 2 ships to new spots. Need 2 tokens.
R3 Ship income, build ship, build SH to ship to 4, and take ACT_MS and get 2/3 ships to new spots. Need 2 tokens.
R4 Ship income, build ship, get all 3 ships to new spots. Need 3 tokens.
R5 Ship income, build ship, take ACT_MS, get 2/3 ships to new spots. Need 2 tokens.
R6 Ship income, build ship, get all 3 ships to new spots. Need 3 tokens.

So I'd say 15 Square Trade Tokens (in 9 colors) is enough for a game. I don't think going all in on shipping and being the only player with ships will always win games. Remember that other players can take ACT_MS without a Shipyard and will see opportunities in a game to take it for easy VP and resources if they have a TP next to a couple of opponents' SA or SH buildings.

To keep the board less busy, you just stack them under an opponent's building. If you want to purchase components, I would suggest using these from the meeple store that Grovast suggested earlier. In a 4p game only a maximum of 3 tokens get stacked under a building and 4 tokens in a 5p game. Otherwise just print them.
https://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/game-pieces...

thejordan wrote:

The extended range works for using ACT5, ACT6, and cult spades next to a ship. I don't think that using them to bridge the gap between your empire for network or final scoring is a good idea anymore. As I mentioned, the Ship could be converted permanently to a Dwelling in a far off location which will remove it from your Ship supply and give an income of +1w. I'm open to just allowing this Ship to Dwelling come straight from the Dwelling row on the board for free and stacking the ship underneath it (yes, it happens). In this case it should definitely give 2vp for FAV11, BON9, and D rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
SHIPYARDS ARE COMING!

So does this diagram help you to understand legal ship moves? Let me know if there is any confusion. These are legal ship moves if it was that color's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stuff left to do:
Ship Conversion
You can convert the ship into a permanent non-upgrade Dwelling with an income of 1w. This works with FAV11, the Round Tile with D scoring for 2vp, and the passing vp of BON9.

Ship Digging
A Ship in a water hex can dig any directly adjacent land hexes.

Power Actions
ACT1b = build a bridge for 4pw (instead of 3) (since bridges can collect a toll of +1c, we could use more of them)
ACT7 = build a ship for 3pw (5pw is 1w+2c so the ACT rate needs to be cheaper than that)
ACT8 = move all ships for 3pw, +1pw for +1 range (this is in addition to your personal action movement)

Ship Rewards and Leeching
D: 1w + 1vp
TP: 2c + 2pw + 2vp
TE: 5pw + 3vp (I'm considering any 3 cult steps instead of power, but I'm thinking with the extra power action the extra power might be necessary)
SH: 1 spade + 4vp
SA: 1p + 4vp
SY: 1 ship + 4pw + 4vp

The rewards are approximately the income from that type of building and the vp amount from passing.

The faction that owns the building gets a leech decision.

Round Tiles
No more than 2 of the same type of cult bonus can be placed in Rounds 1-5.
No more than 3 (perhaps 2?) of the SY/SH/SA round tiles can be used in a game.
Unless playing the Shipping Scenario only a maximum of 2 ship round tiles in a game.

Each round tile will have a small ship icon in the corner.
1) 3vp when completing a trade. 4 Water gives 1 ship.
2) 4vp when completing a trade. 4 Fire gives 1 ship
3) 6vp when building a SY. 4vp when Building SH/SA. 4 Earth gives 1 ship
4) 6vp when building a SY. 4vp when Building SH/SA. 4 Air gives 1 ship

BON Tiles
No more than 2 per game unless playing the Shipping Scenario.

BON 11: Income: 1 ship+3c, Action move all ships
BON 12: Income 1w+2c, 3vp per ship when passing (so you don't want to use your ships when owning this tile)
BON 13: Income: 4pw, 3vp per ship trade, Action Build 1 ship.

Final Scoring Tile
Ruler of the 7 Rivers: The Final Scoring will give 18/12/6 VPs for the players with most deployed Trade Tokens.

Specific Faction Adjustments
Swarmlings: 5w6c

Engineers: 3w6c

Yetis: 4pw building

Fakirs: The can build it in any hex. Increase the carpet range by 1. Their ships don't use water, they use air. The ships have carpet range+1 and they can only end their movement in 1. other Fakir buildings 2. empty yellow hexes or 3. opponents buildings to make a delivery

Dwarves: They have the Deep Market and can build it in any hex. The ships will be considered Dwarf Merchants. They can travel a land distance of 2 hexes at a time but can only cross underneath 1 water hex hex at a time. They can finish their movement in 1. any empty hex 2. any Dwarves building. 3. any opponents buildings that they have already delivered to (just visiting) 4. opponents buildings to make a delivery

Riverwalkers: 1x rewards are 5vp, +1 ship. I am indifferent to melendor's original idea (ships range = 1 + X, where X=# of TPs) or a new idea (ship range = 2 only, but can still use +1pw to make it 3).

The most pressing concern is that if Swarmlings build the SY, they gain access to ships that are cheaper than dwellings and then they just convert their ships into dwellings ASAP instead of using them for shipping. For Engineers, building ships is the same cost as TPs. Some play tests will have to go into making those adjustments.

Shipping Scenario
This concept is meant to be added to the main game and the individual additions of Rounds and BONs are to be limited in a regular game. However, s shipping scenario can be played: Use all 4 round tiles (one must be on R6), none of the regular SH/SA round tiles can be used, all 3 BON tiles, and the Final Scoring tile.

Thoughts?
The 2 biggest parts that need feedback are Ship Rewards and any faction specific tweaks. This is being built on Tabletop Simulator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.