$35.00
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just happened to come into a copy of this over the weekend and was wondering if anyone had found any issues with rule errors, card errors, essential errata or stuff like missing components. I just wanted to keep an eye out for that stuff before our first play.

Also, if anyone knows the size of the terrain squares that would be sweet. I haven't gotten my copy yet but I want to make some custom terrain. Scibor (http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=157) has some truly perfect basing kits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
United States
Coral Springs
FL
flag msg tools
TWIST Gaming
mbmbmbmb
There is an FAQ on their site - http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/faq/

There is a new version of the rules coming out with the Kickstater next month they are calling it the 1.4 updated (The printed game is like 1.37v) and there will be an option to get a new rulebook and any cards that have changed as a pledge option

As for the terrain size I think the squares are 1 inch but I'm not entirely sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I can't remember exactly, but the square are an odd size. Closer to 1.25" than 1" but not exactly 1.25" either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
A 30mm round base stays perfectly, so I'd say that squares are 30mm+ borders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
errors: there are very, very few disruptive ones. Would be good to look through the FAQ once you've played a session or two. Errata has been pretty minor, and at least in a couple cases, seemingly irrelevant.

components: a few damaged/missing bits, but everything was resolved quickly.

terrain: I'd recommend against it. I played around with some for a bit, but it really slowed things down more than it helped any atmosphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Damn that was fast lol... I've looked over the faq and its extensive, I just didn't see anything that said "this is wrong." Considering the fact that my search on BGG and elsewhere turned up almost nothing, I'm impressed at how thorough the game was vetted before publishing.

I will say that I have never been so excited to play a board game. I had written it off when it was announced but once I found out what the actual game play was like, I kinda became obsessed. I feel like a kid in David Cronenbergs candy store. That was maybe 5 days ago and I bought a copy of the game (at msrp, no less) and a couple of expansions to paint. Luckily I just got married so my wife won't divorce me for spending that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
jpancier wrote:
Damn that was fast lol... I've looked over the faq and its extensive, I just didn't see anything that said "this is wrong." Considering the fact that my search on BGG and elsewhere turned up almost nothing, I'm impressed at how thorough the game was vetted before publishing.

I will say that I have never been so excited to play a board game. I had written it off when it was announced but once I found out what the actual game play was like, I kinda became obsessed. I feel like a kid in David Cronenburgs candy store. That was maybe 5 days ago and I bought a copy of the game (at msrp, no less) and a couple of expansions to paint. Luckily I just got married so my wife won't divorce me for spending that much.

Congrats!
My wife didn't want me to buy KD after I found out about it in February, luckily there were still ample retail copies available. I sold my PS4 to pay for it, absolutely no regrets. I don't really play PC games anymore or miss my PS4 in the slightest thanks to KD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good to know. I'll primarily be playing with my girlfriend. I'm not sure I know 5 gamers that would enjoy this. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing with my wife, and another couple groups of gamers. Game works well at 2-4 players (haven't tried 5+).

I find the core game rules to be pretty clear, with organization directed towards new players.

When reading the FAQ, make sure to keep in mind that it is in a sort of conversational tone, not in a precision rules tone.

There are actually a few things that are perfectly clear in the rulebook, but are kind of ambiguous in the faq (I didn't have a question before I read your answer...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.