Subject: After completing all the scenarios... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
is it possible to just combine all the cards from the game to play? or does it stay as a scenario based game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:
is it possible to just combine all the cards from the game to play? or does it stay as a scenario based game?

Game 7 effectively does this.

There are a small number of specific game elements that are replaced/upgraded in specific years, but otherwise Game 7 plays with the full compliment of Hogwarts cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
so would i just always play 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:

Yes. You could also go back and start over a Game 1 with higher difficulty (start with one or two Control on the first Location each game), but ideally, you would just play Game 7 again. An additional challenge is to stack all three Voldemorts at the bottom of the Villain stack (ignoring the 'Heroes Win!' for the first two) and defeat all three (one at a time).

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only reason I can see to really go back is if you are teaching the game to someone new. The games aren't really scenarios so much as a neat way to introduce new layers of complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:

I think of game 7 as the "full" game. Games 1 through 6 add cards and concepts, all of which culminate in game 7.

I wouldn't worry about playing the same scenario over and over, because due to factors I won't go into, games 6 and 7 would both be highly replayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moster Sholby
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I AM the Black Mirror
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as I have been playing, even though it says not to... I have been removing novice spells as the game progresses to increase probability of acquiring new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyg007 wrote:
as I have been playing, even though it says not to... I have been removing novice spells as the game progresses to increase probability of acquiring new cards.

My wife and I have finished the campaign with Hermione and Ron (never a single loss).

Some of those year 1-3 cards are very useful in game 7. I wouldn't be so quick to remove them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nethershadow wrote:

...An additional challenge is to stack all three Voldemorts at the bottom of the Villain stack (ignoring the 'Heroes Win!' for the first two) and defeat all three (one at a time).

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

Dude. That’s just evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.