9 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Saturn Systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, this will be my first time playing solo with Saturn Systems.

"Each time a Jovian tag is put into play, including this, increase your MC production 1 step."

Firstly, this will be awesome in a four player game.

However, is playing a Jovian event technically putting a Jovian tag into play? They immediately go face down, so I wasn't really sure about this before I started the game.

Sadly, it only just now occurred to me that there might not actually BE any Jovian events...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no Jovian events. Tags on event cards do not enter play, but are only triggered while playing the card. This is especially important for science tags on events; they do not count for requirements or Scientist award, but they do trigger Mars university and Olympus Conference when played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Jovian = of Jupiter

Jovian != of Saturn

Jovian is used in this game to mean infrastructure in the outer solar system, including the asteroid belt, Jupiter, Saturn etc. Since most of these cards are indeed centered on Jupiter, we thought this tag was appropriate, even if we use its meaning a little loosely. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. It turns out that I pretty much had a question about a future that never came to be.

Saturn Systems was really fun. It isn't that often that I get a lot of money early in the game, and perhaps I just played differently to cause it. I was holding back on buying cards, knowing that the Jovian cards were pretty expensive. I only ran across two of them throughout the game, but used my extra funds to place a bunch of cities all over the place.

My score was only 90, though, so my efficiency was lacking, and I didn't get many microbe/animal points. It was definitely a fun change of pace from my other endeavors, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, Saturn Systems is a quite difficult corporation to play in solo. You're always tempted to play Jovian cards, but they seldom contribute to the direct terraforming. But you seemed to pull it off Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S R
Germany
flag msg tools
Yesterday I managed to win with Saturn System on my first try with this corporation after I failed with Ecoline. Though I only had two Jovian tags in Play.
It seems the success of the solo game depends a lot from your first few rounds. If you can't get any M€ or plant production you could just as well give up and restart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or your focus. When I'm playing, I want a good score. That means it is more important to get a good score IF I win than actually winning. So I try to get cheap terraforming done smoothly and try to get many points apart from that. I actually won with Saturn Systems today, with 95 points in the end. Not enough to beat the highscore, but even so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Merafina
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmb
Saturn Systems corporation card
Saturn Systems corporate card says:
"Each time any Jovian tag is put into play, including this, increase your MC production 1 step."
What does it mean "including this" ?
Corporate card has a Jovian tag, but I don't know how to put it into play.
Corporate cards enter in play when selected by players at the beginning of the game. If so, it would be equivalent to write "start with +1 MC production".
Did I get it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
merafina wrote:
Saturn Systems corporate card says:
"Each time any Jovian tag is put into play, including this, increase your MC production 1 step."
What does it mean "including this" ?
Corporate card has a Jovian tag, but I don't know how to put it into play.
Corporate cards enter in play when selected by players at the beginning of the game. If so, it would be equivalent to write "start with +1 MC production".
Did I get it right?

Yes.
Saturn Systems has the best starting production of all the corporations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.