GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,458 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have NOT discontinued The Networks. It's simply between print runs.

That misleading bit of information was put up by a retailer. Unfortunately, because Amazon is Amazon, I have no power to change it directly without successfully registering the game as my own brand with Amazon, which is not a straightforward process, I've found.

More info here. And the second printing of The Networks will arrive in February, and will (finally) enter full distribution.

Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what the Amazon listing looks like now, for posterity. Don't believe it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and ironically the same listing is linked above this very thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the recommended age Any details on the expansion ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
Here's what the Amazon listing looks like now, for posterity. Don't believe it!

Wow slimy. Trying to make it sound OOP so as to charge more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samc1078 wrote:
I love the recommended age Any details on the expansion ?

I'm aiming to set up a public beta in early 2017, and a Kickstarter hopefully in the middle of next year. There's a lot to balance, with new variable player powers (and weaknesses), new shows, and a new reward for genre bonuses I'm trying out in my latest playtests...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oooooo, sounds juicy Gil; can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep available for the low low price of $125CAD + shipping right now. Glad i got my KS copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's not just me either....

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Da...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Amazon to be horrible for board games. At least up here in the great white north. I'd say that 95% of the games listed are higher than I can obtain elsewhere with 50% or more of those MUCH higher (some ridiculously so). The remaining ones are around the average.

I like Amazon for some stuff but for this I'd rather just use a dedicated board game store.

Edit: I mean seriously. You can buy Elder Sign for the low low price of $577.95. What a steal!

Or how about Candy Land for $656.83.

Or maybe you're interested in Mexica for $21,669.50!?!

This is such a pet peeve of mine. I legitimately don't understand why sellers price like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of those prices are set with an algorithm, based on other prices.

Which leads to fun situations when two sellers of the same product base their prices programmatically on each other's prices. In one case, we got a textbook selling for $23,698,655.93.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:

Which leads to fun situations when two sellers of the same product base their prices programmatically on each other's prices. In one case, we got a textbook selling for $23,698,655.93.

Really? How does the algorithm work? Seems a failure to use a system that won't actually lead to a sale. Why not just manually set your prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
IngredientX wrote:

Really? How does the algorithm work? Seems a failure to use a system that won't actually lead to a sale. Why not just manually set your prices?

Just as the linked article indicates, many resellers on Amazon automatically set their prices so they could be (in theory) as competitive as possible, and so they could focus on things other than tediously researching and manually updating prices. The article describes two competing algorithms that, when combined, caused the textbooks' prices to spiral out of control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
venrondua wrote:
IngredientX wrote:

Just as the linked article indicates, many resellers on Amazon automatically set their prices so they could be (in theory) as competitive as possible, and so they could focus on things other than tediously researching and manually updating prices. The article describes two competing algorithms that, when combined, caused the textbooks' prices to spiral out of control.

Apologizes. I thought the link was like one of mine and only taking us to an Amazon listing. Didn't realize it was an article. I'll give it a read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Clarke
United Kingdom
Cranleigh
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd been planning to buy a copy this week as a present, but it looks as though all reasonably-priced UK suppliers are fresh out of stock. Will some of the second printing find its way to the UK, and if so, when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lliwedd wrote:
I'd been planning to buy a copy this week as a present, but it looks as though all reasonably-priced UK suppliers are fresh out of stock. Will some of the second printing find its way to the UK, and if so, when?

Yes, copies should be available in the UK around February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun S
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This makes me happy! I saw all the positive reviews and went trying to find it.
Also Miniature Market is showing a pre-order with delivery in December, but if it's coming in February I'll just wait to get it from my FLGS here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sms137355 wrote:
This makes me happy! I saw all the positive reviews and went trying to find it.
Also Miniature Market is showing a pre-order with delivery in December, but if it's coming in February I'll just wait to get it from my FLGS here.

Thanks!

I don't know where MM is getting that information from. They will most likely not have it until February either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bennett
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
Gil, thanks for the update! I must've missed the first print. I've been looking forward to this game for a looooong time. I wish I helped you out by Kickstarting it, but I was out of work at the time and board games had to take a backseat. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to buying a copy next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Young
United States
SHERMAN OAKS
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the update, Gil! I'm so excited to get my hands on this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.