$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
Bradley Gaurano
msg tools
designer
Hey guys. Looking to receive feedback on my campaign preview. I want to know if you would back the game, and if not, why not? What is appealing to you? What is a turn off? What works? What doesn't? I really want to launch a successful campaign, and I'm hoping to gain some solid feedback from you guys. Thanks in advance! I appreciate it.

Kickstarter Preview Link
http://bit.do/cBRU6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a picture of the box that says 2-6 players and a description on the page that says 3-6.

I would hit the back button on the page because I am not interested in anything called a party game.

I think the gnome artwork is cute and funny though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanasai Glissando
msg tools
OK, done.

Good luck with your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title makes me think this is a children's game not for me.

My "playmates?"

The art is cute.

Wouldn't mention the drinking game variant up-front...I don't see it as a selling point.

25 card types?! Should clarify/rephrase that.

I like the wooden box goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have other inconsistencies as well: is it 3 minutes to learn or 5 minutes? The answer doesn't matter that much, but it just sort of looks unprofessional.

Some font sizes are tiny, like on the Gamble card. If it's a party game, does it really need 6 lines of text to describe the action?

I'm not the target audience, since I'm not much of a party game player, but good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gaurano
msg tools
designer
So what is the definition of a party game. It's a card game that requires 3 or more people to play. Is Exploding Kittens considered a party game or just a card game?

As for the minutes to learn... it's 5. I will change wherever it's mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gaurano
msg tools
designer
Yeah, the 25 card types is a little too much. But how do I describe that there are 3 different main cards types: Action, Interrupt, Stop Cards... but within those types there are over 25 different... cards?

For example, Exploding Kittens has 5 card types, and only 2-3 different variations of those card types. Just for Action cards alone there are 10 different types of Action cards. So how do I describe that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
bgaurano wrote:
how do I describe that there are 3 different main cards types: Action, Interrupt, Stop Cards... but within those types there are over 25 different... cards?

I think you just did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mb
I am trying to avoid buying more card based games. And, if I were, the cards would need to contain symbols or graphics only... absolutely no text! Takes too long and interrupts game for someone to figure out what benefit/use of the card. I took a quick look and most of the cards have too much text for my taste. But good luck with your project!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gaurano
msg tools
designer
Thanks Sanasai. Saw your feedback. Appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgaurano wrote:
Yeah, the 25 card types is a little too much. But how do I describe that there are 3 different main cards types: Action, Interrupt, Stop Cards... but within those types there are over 25 different... cards?

For example, Exploding Kittens has 5 card types, and only 2-3 different variations of those card types. Just for Action cards alone there are 10 different types of Action cards. So how do I describe that?

I'd say "25 unique cards"

The first thing I noticed is some missing information up front. You need to put the player count, age range and playtime at the top of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall it looks fine, though I'm not sure how well the "Best game ever" stuff will play -- I guess it depends on your audience.

I agree with the others that the text looks a bit dense on some of the cards.

Two small typos -

In the opening paragraph, you say "each gaming lasting around 15 minutes"

and in the description of one of the rewards you say we'll get a 20-sided dice, instead of using "die" which is the correct singular form.

Good luck with your campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EPIC

Game of the Century

Exclamation Points!!!!!

(close browser)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sapienza
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
EPIC
Game of the Century
Exclamation Points!!!!!
(close browser)

Maybe a little harshly put, but I agree. I love exclamation points and over-use them, a lot! But this is too much even for me. "Most EPIC game ever, Party Game, Game of the Century, Drinking Game." There's a lot of phrases here that would turn me off immediately.

I am not a huge fan of Kickstarter often, so ignore me if this is useless feedback. But, as I look at this I see a card game: 70 cards and a d20. For this, you are looking to raise $10k and for each additional $2,000, you will release a new card. Seems like a lot for a new card. If I back at the high end, I can buy 30 copies for $410 (with shipping), so $14 apiece. Even on Game Crafter, this game's costs would be a lot less without even getting a bulk order of it. It just seems like a real stretch to buy into this.

It looks fun, but I don't see myself backing it. If I saw it in a store for $20, I'd maybe give it a go. For nearly $30 with shipping as the base, I don't see it. And for nearly $50 with shipping for the 100 card expanded set, definitely not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayde Holland
msg tools
Looks like fun, I'm not a party game fan to be honest but your game could be a nice filler.

My only advice is this. Take all the comments here seriously, chew the meat and spit out the bones.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Gaurano
msg tools
designer
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.