Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Newegg.com] Smash Up: It's Your Fault expansion- $5.84 +free shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bad_deals [+] [View All]
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA62V4RS30...

It only took 2 days to receive it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Out of stocksoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bottleflu wrote:

You posted this 2 days after you ordered it? You're killing me, Smalls! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mo
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was checking it out about 10 min ago and it showed in stock. To the OP's credit, it was almost too good to be true so maybe they were checking to make sure it wasn't a scam before broadcasting it out (and getting a super deal to boot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Exactly.
I thought for sure it was a scam. Especially since newegg isn't known for selling tabletop games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you receive the package directly from this seller, or did it come from a third party? The seller has poor reviews and sells a wide variety of products, so my first thought was that it could be some sort of drop-shipping scam.

You order from seller A; seller A then orders the product from seller B and has it sent directly to you instead; seller A then claims to seller B the package never arrived and threatens to file a claim if no refund is given, so seller B grants the refund rather than risk their seller status; as a result, seller B is screwed out of money and product.

Maybe I'm just being cynical though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another scam. This user has only posted threads like this and magically has no other contributions to bgg.

If I am wrong, I apologize, but this is too fishy. New users to bgg don't somehow find their way to hot deals for their first posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Barlow wrote:
This is another scam. This user has only posted threads like this and magically has no other contributions to bgg.

If I am wrong, I apologize, but this is too fishy. New users to bgg don't somehow find their way to hot deals for their first posts.

Pretty bad way to run a scam if it's sold out by the time they posted. Most "new users" aren't really new, they just finally found a reason to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ledet
msg tools
Barlow wrote:

Not that its really relevant to the "scam or not" discussion but I didn't even register until I had a hot deal to post a couple months back (the Sheriff of Nottingham YMMV at Target). I used to do reviews years ago but had long since forgotten my account (and probably the email it was attacked to) and really only regularly check the hot deals thread these days.

That said, this deal does seem a bit lower than one would reasonably expect for a release so new but maybe it was just a misprice (i.e. should have been 15.84 and stock got pulled once they caught the error). The seller does have 15 written reviews but I won't pretend to know enough about Newegg to know if that means anything at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
gryphon2001 wrote:
Did you receive the package directly from this seller, or did it come from a third party? The seller has poor reviews and sells a wide variety of products, so my first thought was that it could be some sort of drop-shipping scam.

You order from seller A; seller A then orders the product from seller B and has it sent directly to you instead; seller A then claims to seller B the package never arrived and threatens to file a claim if no refund is given, so seller B grants the refund rather than risk their seller status; as a result, seller B is screwed out of money and product.

Maybe I'm just being cynical though.

It came from VirVentures.
Oddly enough, they shipped it via Amazon.
I was skeptical about it too, which is why I waited until i received my order before posting about it.

It was in stock at the time of my post. My apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Barlow wrote:

I just got into Smash Up a week or so ago, and I'd been trying to find the best deals I can for the expansions. The Barnes and Noble red dot sale (%50 off Pretty Pretty Smash Up) lead me here. So I thought it was only fair, to share back with the community.

But I just recently joined the site, and this was my first post, so I can understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bottleflu wrote:
Barlow wrote:

I just got into Smash Up a week or so ago, and I'd been trying to find the best deals I can for the expansions. The Barnes and Noble red dot sale (%50 off Pretty Pretty Smash Up) lead me here. So I thought it was only fair, to share back with the community.

But I just recently joined the site, and this was my first post, so I can understand.

Welcome !

No worries. You learned something. .. if you find a good deal, post it asap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dead/OOS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VirVentures is the 3rd party seller I picked up Risk Legacy for $15 on Amazon from a few days ago.

I think they're legit. My copy should arrive today so we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/virventurescom-a515...
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Virventures
www.virventures.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.virventures.com
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/virventures/internet/virventur...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
NuMystic wrote:

I don't think VirVentures.com is the same virventures as the seller on the item I listed. Seeing as they don't have it, or any other Smash Up related items on their site. And the shipping label showed that it was shipped from Nevada, not India.

EDIT: After going back their Newegg seller profile, it does look like it's the same Virventures. Same logo, same web address. Still odd that they only sell It's Your Fault through Newegg though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

uh oh gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
abonosky wrote:
VirVentures is the 3rd party seller I picked up Risk Legacy for $15 on Amazon from a few days ago.

Did you receive a tracking number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bottleflu wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Yes - it's out for delivery and it's packed by Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon) with other items ordered directly from Amazon. Because of this I'm optimistic - but we'll see.

I'll come back later and let you know if VirVentures actually came thru for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
VirVentures also has a listing for Betrayal at the House on the Hill for $19.09 and Container by Valley Games for $12.41

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
bottleflu wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Yes - it's out for delivery and it's packed by Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon) with other items ordered directly from Amazon. Because of this I'm optimistic - but we'll see.

So my copy of Risk Legacy arrived just fine from Amazon. Not bad for $15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
VirVentures also has a listing for Betrayal at the House on the Hill for $19.09 and Container by Valley Games for $12.41

The container listing includes photos of leaves and a candle. laugh

Out of stock now, and feel sorry for whoever actually placed an order for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
abonosky wrote:
bottleflu wrote:
abonosky wrote:

So my copy of Risk Legacy arrived just fine from Amazon. Not bad for $15.

Glad to hear it worked out for you! Keep a close watch on charges to whatever card you used Alex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ledet
msg tools
Back in Stock at 6.32 for what it's worth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weatherwax2099 wrote:
Back in Stock at 6.32 for what it's worth

It still shows out of stock, although the price has been updated to $6.32

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.