United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the tower work in two headed giant? I imagine that it only detects and deals damage when one of my units or buildings are attacked? Or does it also defend my partner?

And what if the base is attacked? If my partner and I each have a tower, do we deal two damage to each attacker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Either partner's tower protects both players. If I have a Tower then anything attacking either of us (our patrol zones or anything in either of our bases) takes 1 damage from the tower and the first stealthy thing attacking either side gets detected.

However, it's not permitted for a team to have two Towers. One of you will just have to build a Heroes' Hall or a Surplus instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alextfish wrote:
However, it's not permitted for a team to have two Towers. One of you will just have to build a Heroes' Hall or a Surplus instead.

To be clear, it's not permitted for a team to have two of any one kind of add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
alextfish wrote:

To be clear, it's not permitted for a team to have two of any one kind of add-on.

Ok, so we can each build an add-on, but it has to be two different ones.

WOuld we both get the benefit from the Surplus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. It's only the Tower whose benefits are "shared". If the other team is doing stealth/invisible, one of you needs to "take one for the team" and spend 3 building the Tower; the other one gets to selfishly use their addon slot for whatever they like, but it only benefits them, not the Tower-builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.