$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Don Matcheck
msg tools
Hello,

I couldn't find these answered on this thread so I'm posting them:

--Does a Death Star need an individual laser card every time it destroys a planet or once the card is played is it assumed all death stars can blow up any planet they want for the rest of the game?

--If the rebel base is discovered and the rebels evacuate, do you recover all the probe cards and reshuffle them and make the empire start from scratch with drawing new probe cards (less cards/systems the empire has ground troops in)?

Thanks!

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Every laser fire requires its own project mission card.

No, the Empire keeps all of its probe cards, and receives the probe card of the old base location, when the rebel base moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Don KC wrote:
--Does a Death Star need an individual laser card every time it destroys a planet or once the card is played is it assumed all death stars can blow up any planet they want for the rest of the game?

You must use a "Superlaser Online" mission any time you want to fire the Death Star. (Otherwise, it would make the DS FAR too powerful in the game).

While one could argue (thematically) that it could just willy-nilly shoot whenever, the mission probably represents the bureaucratic and logistical discussions involved with what destroying the planet would mean. Overuse could have political implications (some people may start balking at it, and the Empire could start crumbling from within).

Whatever thematic reason you conjure, the game answer is "no, you can only do it with the card."

Quote:
--If the rebel base is discovered and the rebels evacuate, do you recover all the probe cards and reshuffle them and make the empire start from scratch with drawing new probe cards (less cards/systems the empire has ground troops in)?

Previously drawn cards are not returned to the deck. The longer the Rebels wait, the less places they have to hide. Basically, the Empire has probes on those systems, and the Rebels wouldn't be able to safely hide there because the Empire would see them before they got there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

As always, I appreciate the lens through which you perceive these issues and I remember reading a number of your posts at the TI3 forum. The rationale behind the "once per card" mechanic representing the "bureaucratic and logistical discussions" is well-reasoned.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don KC wrote:
Hello,

I couldn't find these answered on this thread so I'm posting them:

Thanks!

Don

I would be interested in hearing which rules in the rulebooks give rise to these questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.