3 Posts

The Banner Saga: Warbands» Forums » General

Subject: When to do Camp Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game with my gaming group the other day, there was a few questions about when you do the camp actions as how the thane worked (which I will ask in another post).

In this post to make things simple I would like to ask when you do a camp action. I know you do it on every 3rd stop, so in the first mission it will be on the last location. But the rules talk about what you do in a Stop action. paying half the supply, doing the actions listed, getting no renown.

The people at the table where unsure if you do a Stop action every camp phase that was not at the camp location, OR do you only do the camp action at the camp location, and the stop action is for something completely different.

So if someone could explain when you do camp actions, and when you do stop actions in more detail that would be great ^,..,^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Just to clarify terminology: locations on the map are not called stops.

The camp action is performed at each 3rd location.

The stop action is performed as the result of an event. For example, the resolution of certain events includes the text: "...The warband must perform a stop."

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, ok. The group was unsure, they way we read it in the rule book was that we had to preform a stop action at the end of each turn if we where not at a camp. This makes more scents as we didn't run into any events with text like that in our game.

Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.