$20.00
Scott Ransom
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I gather that the German Factories Lost counter is not adjusted upon implementation of the Moscow Treaty. But, assuming there is no Strategic Warfare - because the West Invaded Event has not yet happened, and the Moscow Treaty is now in effect - then there appears to be no mechanism for Germany to reduce their Factories Lost count in ongoing turns until Strategic Warfare resumes. Is this accurate or am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds correct. In my game when that happened we just rest factory lost to zero, assuming that in the months with no strategic warfare the factories would have been repaired. We couldn't find a decisive answer ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might reduce the lost marker by one box until it is at its minimum. That minimum is probably the 'one' box, although perhaps Sal will rule otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ransom
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses gents. Logically, we were torn between:
a. moving the count to 1 with the next turn,
b. reducing the count by 1 with each subsequent turn (until strategic war breaks out again).
We chose b. But again, not backed up by any rule we could find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tribomber wrote:
Thanks for the responses gents. Logically, we were torn between:
a. moving the count to 1 with the next turn,
b. reducing the count by 1 with each subsequent turn (until strategic war breaks out again).
We chose b. But again, not backed up by any rule we could find.

For a House rule, either one of these works. Choose the one that suits you.

The rules as written don't allow for it. In my mind, it is a reflection of the difficulty the Axis faction is having during the peace time to maintain or regain control of the country side, not necessarily a simple matter of factory rebuilding. Just because there is a peace treaty with the Russian government does not necessarily mean all partisan activity stops and there is a fully cooperative puppet government in Occupied Russia.

If the German Fac Lost marker rose to the 3 box before Russia collapsed, I envision that as strong resistance behind the Axis front line and that the local population is not buying into its liberation from communism. I can see that activity continuing afterwards and the Fac Lost marker staying at 3 represents the extra resources the Germans need to keep it from getting worse.

From a rules simplicity perspective, leaving the German Fac Lost marker in place eliminates the need for additional rules for what to do with it in case West Invaded has or has not occurred. You can say it's only one or two sentences, but that's how rules creep occurs.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ransom
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sal. We stuck with our house rule of dropping 1 per turn, down to a minimum of 1. But before it got to 1, war flared up in the West, so it never amounted to too much. (With luck, the German Factories Lost will again be climbing steadily.) As always, we appreciate your quick response and the explanation provided. Really enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.