Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: lesson learned + psionic assault question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i a play lesson learned to use the psionic assault that is in my discard pile that triggers the psionic assault ally ability-->recall but have to wait until event finish resolved.
I use psionic assault and then it goes to discard pile then i banish lesson learned and psionic assault.
Question,does psionic assault return to my hand or not?because there was an ally ability that was waiting to be resolved when psionic assault was in my discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
Not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You have to resolve things one at a time:
1. You play Lesson Learned, this triggers any ally abilities you might have, including Psionic Assault.
2. You first resolve Lesson Leaned. You select Psionic Assault from your discard pile and resolve its effect. You then take both Psionic Assault and Lesson Learned and banish them to the bottom of your deck.
3. You get to resolve any triggers you have waiting. One of them is the Psionic Assault ally ability.
4. Resolve Psionic Assault ally ability. It reads "Recall". Looking at the complete rules document, the keyword expands to "Return this card from your discard pile to your hand." You look for the card in your discard pile but the card switched zones so the game could not find it. You put the nothingness into your hand.

Also, while I was looking at the official wording for Recall, I found this sub-rule to recall:
Quote:
5.4.2 Recall does not work unless the card is in the discard pile.
Now, I am not Australian, but I think that that proves that I am right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the answers.
Yes i remember that recall work only in discard pile but i was wondering if this was a valid combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.