$30.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: Who in the USA has received their games and if so was anything missing or damaged? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I post this because very few have received their games and of those that have reported they have received them almost all have said that components were missing, wrong, or damaged. This after Drawlab "took their time" to pack them correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine mid September (California).

Mine was missing 20 shooters minis, and instead I have 20 extra biters.

I sent an email to drawlabs, but have not heard back yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived a few days ago. No damage whatsoever to the boxes. Packing was great, actually. Mine are still unopened, so I don't know if anything is missing/extra. Is there something I should be looking for? Something more frequently missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Theriault
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. Shipping box and game box looked great. Opened the game and the head of the female mini was pinned between the insert and the board which put a big dent in the board I just emailed Artipia so we'll see how that goes. I'm still waiting for a replacement box and insert from them for pursuit of happiness so maybe they can save on shipping by sending both together shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
usaairforceeod wrote:
Got mine today. Shipping box and game box looked great. Opened the game and the head of the female mini was pinned between the insert and the board which put a big dent in the board I just emailed Artipia so we'll see how that goes. I'm still waiting for a replacement box and insert from them for pursuit of happiness so maybe they can save on shipping by sending both together shake

Artipia will probably tell you to contact DrawLabs...from my impressions, Artipia is trying to distance themselves as far as possible from this project.

Artipia has posted in the Kickstarter (at least in the comments if not in the updates) that all mini related issues are to go to Drawlab while anything associated with the cardboard in the game should go to Artipia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. I'll delete my comment so as to not sow more confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No sign of my pre-order copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nope, haven't heard anything of shipping info or anything. Kinda worried I won't get this until maybe next year if I'm lucky, and if all the parts are together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krajci
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Cleveland, I have not received mine yet. I might start getting worried if it doesn't arrive by the end of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Artipia/Drawlabs did a reasonably good job of keeping the KS subscribers informed during the whole re-working of the sculpts kerflufle, so I was more than willing to cut them a lot of slack for the lengthy delays. It's kinda disappointing (and causing a bit of concern) that now that we're so close to the product actually being shipped by their fulfillment agent here in the US that things have suddenly gotten very quiet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of it may also be due to the fact that they are doubtless getting ready for Essen...but I too would like to see more proactive posts/actions from them...even if it's just a simple update stating how many have been shipped versus how many remain every day or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not heard from Artipia since the end of July and have never gotten an email from Drawlab. Now I realize that I am just a pre-order customer but it is getting a tad worrisome that I have seen NO news about pre-orders.

I am tempted to just write Artipia (and the game) off as a lost cause as I no longer believe my copy will ever ship, without a hassle of some sort.

It sure sounded like fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a response to my email Drawlab has stated that they will release a new update on the project page to hopefully explain where things are and why this is taking much longer than anticipated.

Artipia is not responding to anything. It may be the Essen Panic that they remarked when late-posting Drawlab's last update.

That's all the information I was able to attain. Wish it was more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
In Oklahoma nothing yet. I emailed and they said my game should be here in a few days. That was Monday. Kinda nervous now with all the damage and mixup. I get that Artipia is trying to distance themselves from the mess but they shouldn't disown the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing here in Southern California still.

Perhaps it's karma for getting a bunch of other games before others?

Not sure when the time comes for me to start worrying and sending off emails...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a comment Drawlab made on the latest update, they expect shipping to be done by 10/7 and all games delivered to the US by 10/14. A year was not specified however so we may all still be waiting awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Comment from a backer today:

"Received a package in the mail today. Unfortunately, more than half the order was not in the box. Have written Drawlab via their info@ email to find out if this was intended or error. If there is a preferred method other that email for communicating this type of concern, I'd appreciate knowing."

HALF??? HALF??? You've got to be kidding me. I thought we were "their number one priority". I thought they took time to make sure they packed everything correctly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Chapman
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
According to a comment Drawlab made on the latest update, they expect shipping to be done by 10/7 and all games delivered to the US by 10/14. A year was not specified however so we may all still be waiting awhile.

What they actually said was "this or the following weekend".

The update was on Sep 30th. This weekend IS the following weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up at Gencon...nothing missing and have been loving it all....awesome game

No fuss, no muss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
redmage9 wrote:
bookblogger wrote:

What they actually said was "this or the following weekend".

The update was on Sep 30th. This weekend IS the following weekend.

(*sigh*) In the comments of that update, someone specifically asked what "this week" meant in reference to the shipping time frame and they replied 10/7. So that means "this or the following weekend" for delivery means 10/8 as early and after 10/16 as beyond current expectations.

Another unfortunately example of miscommunication through approximation. I've frequently gotten bit by the "next weekend" phrase - is it this immediate upcoming weekend (that is after all the "next" one) or is it the one after (since "this weekend" obviously is already classified). Blah. Common language is inexact. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mhutton wrote:
Picked up at Gencon...nothing missing and have been loving it all....awesome game

No fuss, no muss

I had that options and am now really disappointed I didn't do that because of weight and space issues. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
In the comments of that update, someone specifically asked what "this week" meant in reference to the shipping time frame and they replied 10/7. So that means "this or the following weekend" for delivery means 10/8 as early and after 10/16 as beyond current expectations.

Given the delays we've already endured, another couple weeks isn't that big a deal (at least to me). What is a major issue is their lack of updates and clear information about what's going on. I've dealt with other KS projects (one which took over two years beyond the promised date to deliver) and was readily able to forgive delays because the publishers went to such lengths to keep everyone informed on a regular basis about where things stood. Extended silences followed by vague assurances that "everything is proceeding according to plan" do not make for happy customers.

Based on the way they've handled things to date, I seriously doubt I'll ever do business with either Drawlabs or Artipia again. Sad, because I think it's pretty clear they do make good games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barely heard anything from anyone all week, are people still getting deliveries? Haven't heard a peep, was really hoping for it this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked them to ask the distributor if they were actually going to have everything shipped by the end of the day in the ks comment section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kaiser
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no game or a delivery notification here in Massachusetts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.