Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Davison
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
Middle Aged Mutant Lit Major Turtle
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the official site, a game demo will be available at Expocomic 2016. surprise

In Madrid. soblue

Since that is a little bit out-of-the-way for me will anyone from these forums be attending to provide photos and/or a record of your experience?

http://www.heroquestclassic.com/expocomic-2016-2/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Experience" may be an understatement. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This would be something I would watch on Geek TV!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Char
Germany
flag msg tools
The demo will probably be made up with the minis he has made up to now (the good painted ones from the latest vids from GZ), the prints of the boards he has for 1,5 years, some cheaply made cards (since Dionysio hasn't finalized them) and a mission or two. Perhaps along with a new miniature or 2 to create some hype. In the spanish forums there's the rumour that he's insisting that he's going to get the whole basic game in Madrid, in order to sell it but I ain't see this happening anytime within the next 2 years. Basically it's widely suggested that Dionysio has ran out of big cash and he's trying to increase pre-sales (and take odd jobs for GZ). If the spanish backers won't create problems for GZ in Expocomic Madrid, I'll be terribly dissapointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Fish
msg tools
mbmbmb
I cant believe how messed up all of this is. Everyone wants this game, its just insane that its all gone so messy. I hope something goods comes out of Madrid but I suspect as other have said its going to be something to tempt people to part with money to the keep the dream alive while failing to actually progress it much further at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone wants this game, but not done by Dionysio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jenkins
United States
Bellevue
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Hurry up and get your pre-sale because it will only be available for the next decade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelJSculptor wrote:
Hurry up and get your pre-sale because it will only be available for the next decade.

And don't forget to pay the shipping costs too, because the game's are going to be shipped "soon"!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth it just for the experience? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Davison
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooooo ... nobody's attending?

I'm really curious to see what kind of tangible product they have on display to match the grandeur of concept art and 3D sculpt designs that is the project's only output so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Luscious Willard wrote:
Soooooo ... nobody's attending? :D

I'm really curious to see what kind of tangible product they have on display to match the grandeur of concept art and 3D sculpt designs that is the project's only output so far.

So... You know absolutely nothing about the progress so far...

Really. This level of ignorance is sad at this late date in this mess.

GameZone has been producing the minis and has been showcasing the finished ones and sending some off to be painted even for about a year now. People have visited the place and confirmed that they have quite a bit done on the minis side.

Im still dubious they will make their early December target. Late December maybee if they are really booking along and all else on the non-minis side is done. Which theres no indicator is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
GameZone has been producing the minis and has been showcasing the finished ones and sending some off to be painted even for about a year now. People have visited the place and confirmed that they have quite a bit done on the minis side.

fwiw, Prodos did this with their Aliens vs. Predator miniatures three years before their LOAD KS, and some backers still didn't have anything.

Quote:
Which theres no indicator is.

Ayep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
HQF (french semi-official GZ voice) said:
Nothing will be saled on Expocomic.
Probably, no delivery for Xmas.
All level 1, doors, minis and dices are produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So all the basic stuffs done? But the the stretch goal ones arent all done?

Which pans out to what we have seen so far. They are likely well into the stretch goals but still a ways to go yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Char
Germany
flag msg tools
http://www.heroquestclassic.com/orc-boss/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando S. Moreno Merino
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take a look. I will take some photos and play the game if i can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Davison
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alferez wrote:

Awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Char
Germany
flag msg tools
BTW as a spanish backer mentioned, GZ's HQ25 is becoming less and less relevant not only for the delays and the poor game development but also for its strong point, the minis! There a dozen companies out there now with pretty well developed miniatures that make GZ's old minis seem average in comparison (Monolith's Conan for example). As the time goes by, GZ's minis become less and less impressive and it makes it more clear than ever that small companies can't be entrusted with games of that magnitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not much of an argument really. Depending on who you compare to. GZ's minis are average well before GZ even existed. But compared to the general quality of minis. GZ's minis are pretty good to above average.

But...

GZ has a long history of poor fittings on the occasional unit. Places where say an arm does not fit flush with the torso. Though so far... looks like they have been striving to not make that mistake with the HQ25 minis.

Unfortunately. We wont know for sure till the minis actually ship and people get to assembling them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Omega2064 wrote:
That is not much of an argument really. Depending on who you compare to. GZ's minis are average well before GZ even existed. But compared to the general quality of minis. GZ's minis are pretty good to above average.

But...

GZ has a long history of poor fittings on the occasional unit. Places where say an arm does not fit flush with the torso. Though so far... looks like they have been striving to not make that mistake with the HQ25 minis.

Unfortunately. We wont know for sure till the minis actually ship and people get to assembling them.

if they ship, right?

I'm a backer and hope too damn they do but have little faith at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Alferez wrote:

please please do.

as above I'm a backer. unfortunately not spanish speaking so feel really out of the loop and am desperate for info - well, who wouldn't be after pledging the money.

i look forward to any info you can bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think thats going to amount to "looks good. Aint done."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Char
Germany
flag msg tools
I wonder what will be the spanish backers' reaction in December when they will be shown a half game in the Madrid game Expo without a delivery date anywhere in sight. What will it take to finally go en masse to Sevilla and demand answers from Dionysio?
Also another important detail in this fiasco of a CF project, Dionysio will go to the Madrid Expo in order to get investors for his game (since he obviously has liquidity problems). So if nobody is crazy enough to throw money to a terribly managed project, GZ will have no money to complete the game and can just declare bankruptcy and forego all its responsibilities to the backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mb
I'll be to the expocomic at Madrid on December 3 & 4.
There will be 3 tables to play the game for a weekend in the space attributed to gamezone miniatures.
No sale are allowed so it's the official presentation you're waited for so long and what will be presented are 3 boxes of the level 1. (Entirely)
Minis are of course painted by a professional studio.
People will be able to see the rules are running well with 3 game masters.
Videos and photos will be published, do not worry.
Better later than never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Char
Germany
flag msg tools
You'll have to excuse me if I don't hold my breath for anything GZ or HQ France promises. I'll believe that Dionysio has completed LVL 1 when I see it. Still that doesn't mean that he has produced the games that he owes to the backers. Far from it in fact!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.