$15.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gorechosen» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Boxed Innards of GoreChosen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: miniatures [+] GamesWorkshop [+] Sigmar [+] AgeOfSigmar [+] [View All]
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxed Innards of GoreChosen

Quick initial review of components and what you get in the GoreChosen board game from a GW (GamesWorkshop) newbie.

Game Box

Front and back:

Excellent insert in the box to keep the heroes when assembled and also some extra room for what I guess would be expansion material.

Components

4 Gorechosen Fighter miniatures:
Redarg Bloodfane - Exalted Deathbringer, Kore Hammerskull - Skullgrinder, Heldrax Goretouched - Slaughterpriest, Vexnar the Reaper - Aspiring Deathbringer.
All 4 sprues

Single sprue close up with the numbered sequence printed on which is the order in which to construct the mini, very helpful

Double-sided arena board with hex grid and obstructions and pits graphics with in-game effects :

4 Fighter Reference cards
52 Action, Initiative and Critical Injury cards;

Wrath track on which fighters ability to do actions increases or decreases based on cards played. Also lots of tokens:

16 page rule-book of which actual game rules are covered in 4 pages and an extra page for variants. Rule-book also includes rules for an additional four GoreChosen characters which can be obtained through GW.

Rule-book:

Artwork splashes of the fighter unique actions

Bonus 4 fighter sheets in the rule-book

Assembly booklet with a paint guide :

Conclusion

All in all this seems like a good package built with careful thought for a specific audience. The rules read simple and not just a dice fest with tactical game-play and maintaining your wrath meter by playing appropriate cards and choosing your attacks. The game seems to be an entry point to get new people into the hobby. The miniatures look very good and are easy to assemble. I look forward to painting this up and giving it a go.

/(4.5/5 on initial presentation)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first components review, feel free to leave comments and suggestions here or pm me. Thanks for reading ! - enie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assembled my minis last night! They were much easier to assemble than the last time I tried to assemble GW minis which is great since it's, as you mention, and entry point. Took me about 2 hours.

For those not aware, you can get a 5th miniature (Slaughterpriest) in the September issue of White Dwarf. My FLGS had a couple. Miniature comes in the same sprue type and is just as easy to assemble as the ones in the box.

Nice component review, post some pictures when they're painted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks !

I just finished assembling these as well. Came together well with the regular gel superglue I use normally.
Took me total ~2 hrs as well.
I will post pics when painted up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Revell Contacta when assembling these. It melts the plastic together, far more sturdy and fast acting than superglue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I use GW's glue, and while it is more expensive than other super glues, it is designed to be used with the plastic GW uses and I must say the GW glue works really well with the GW plastics. I was able to snip and glue the figures together in about 45 minutes.

The only thing I did out of order from the instructions was that I assembled all of a miniature's parts before I glued it to its base. I did this so that I could center the figure on the base better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always glue the figs to the bases last for that same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enie kamozi
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the glue recommendations . I'll try them out next as my current is about to run out soon , shake looking at you shadows of brimstone ...

Also this is the first time I did the same thing of leaving the gluing of model to base last as I am contemplating some custom basing .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the Revell Contacta doesn't work on all plastics, but it works like a dream on Games Workshop plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.