$30.00
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've finally set up this game and I'm trying to get my bearings before I start a first play through. I'm going to be learning the game by playing all four factions without the AI.

As I was going through and verifying each faction's starting position on the win track (to see WHY they start where they do), I noticed that the Belgic starting position doesn't make sense unless I missed something in the setup.

The Belgic Tribes win via Control + Allies. The scenario says to start their victory tracker on 5. The problem is that they only have two allies (Morini and Bellovaci) and they only control two regions (Morini and Sugambri). So unless I screwed up the setup, which I've triple checked in the book, they should start on 4, not 5.

I think I'm missing something.

EDIT: I do notice that Eburones starts as "Dispersed", but I'm not sure if that has any influence on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Sellmer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Control of the Morini region counts two (the number of tribe spaces in the region, and hence the number above the control box). Control of the Sugambri region counts 1. Add one for each ally and you get a total of five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh...okay, I forgot about how that works.

Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.