Subject: Solo question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Stamper
United States
Spencer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I might have overlooked this, but if they captain rolls to build a building, and none of the buildings on his card are available, does he then go down captains orders or does he build a random building? Specifically for victory point buildings, if he rolls to build a victory point building but none on his card are available, and he instead goes down captains orders (probably uses his own building) his turn gets significantly weaker I feel.

Also, I know he doesn't take resources, but does he take action turns. For example if captain uses the lighthouse, does his boat go out an extra space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there are specific instructions on the captain card to build a random building, if none of the buildings on his card are available he then goes down the captains orders. This includes building victory point buildings (although at least one captain has "cheapest" victory point building as the last priority in the list). It may be a weaker turn, but this usually only happens when a captain has built a few VP buildings already, so at that point you will probably already be losing.

Non-resource buildings (lighthouse, Inn, etc.) will give the captain their bonus if he lands on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Reverend Uncle is correct on both counts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.