Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Blank Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey guys.

I just bought a copy of this game yesterday. I was looking through the cards, and at the end there was a card with a blank front side, but on the backside it had the same art as all the other cards. Anyone else has this, or know if it is a misprint with my copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone got it. There was one more card in the printing sheets than the came includes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
orjanalmen wrote:
Everyone got it. There was one more card in the printing sheets than the came includes.

awesome, thank you for the fast answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes - the extra card. Good for replacing the card your child just put in his mouth... or hey - get creative and make your own project! Make a card that let's you see your opponents hands, or a card that creates a new reserved place for oceans... or something even cooler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what would be cooler:

A Doom infection card : action : spend 3 virus to remove a city tile

A Rekall Corporation card : allowing to look at opponents hands and exchange cards between them

A Martian Chronicles Card : Your Colonists are put in an insane asylum by martian not believing they come from earth, Martian terraforming is aborted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jaeger
Germany
Burtenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy three copies and make them all laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Isaac Fryxelius wrote:
...... or something even cooler!

Like penguins! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Duinhir wrote:

A Rekall Corporation card : allowing to look at opponents hands and exchange cards between them

A Martian Chronicles Card : Your Colonists are put in an insane asylum by martian not believing they come from earth, Martian terraforming is aborted

Definitely penguins! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
LoveNson wrote:
Duinhir wrote:

Definitely penguins! cool

So what you are saying is there is still design space for an animal card with a max temperature requirement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
So what you are saying is there is still design space for an animal card with a max temperature requirement?

I bet Jacob and brothers have more than 300 cards in their collections waiting for new expansions, or just didn't make it because others were better suitable in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
orjanalmen wrote:
Bastinator1 wrote:

I bet Jacob and brothers have more than 300 cards in their collections waiting for new expansions, or just didn't make it because others were better suitable in the base game.

I suspect the in-game theme of animal cards is being late-game VP generators. That simply doesn't go tooo well with max requirements.
Also, it doesn't fit very well thematically, since larger animals need pretty high environmental prerequisites on earth, too.
Furthermore, there are (probably ) none on Mars. Given what we currently know about Mars, it would be very strange to find animals there, or to succesfully release them into the wild.
If you could just play an animal card on the first turn, that means, thematically, you would release animals onto Mars mostly as it exists in its current form. I don't see such a project working out.

On the other hand, there's the project card "Tardigrades". (1VP/microbe on the card, 1 action to add one)
In-game, it works out as an early VP generator card, that becomes worse as the game progresses, but happens to be extremely efficient early on, just like an animal with a max. requirement would.
Thematically though, it doesn't suffer from the same problem as animals.
Finding some form of microbes on Mars, or at least getting them there and making sure they have a habitable environment seems much more conceivable than doing this to larger animals.
And of course tardigrades are extremely resilient creatures, zoo. cool

Sebastian

PS: All typos are intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.