$15.00
$30.00
Ricardo Dubcek
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everybody,
I read somewhere that the new expansion has tweaked bot flowcharts to make them more aggressive. Does anybody know if they are already downloadable and if so, where?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Fresh start Fresh bananas
badge
Ashwin in thoughtful mood
mb

I think the problem would be that there are different factions for this expansion so the flow charts aren't backward compatible, if that was what you were after?

Unless they are going to include as part of the game updated flow charts for the base game in which case bring it on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
They're updating all the bots as the era covered calls for more aggressive behavior. But you can use the more aggressive ones in the original scenarios too if you like, apparently. Sounds awesome.

Not likely to ever be available to download though. GMT tend to have a 'no bots online' rule.

Here's the article:
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=12842
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The updated bots will be usable in the original game as well as the new scenarios. We still need to beta test them, write the rules text, format the foldouts, etc. then we will publish them as part of the Ariovistus expansion.

By the way, some more details on the expansion pack here:

https://theplayersaid.com/2016/10/03/interview-with-volko-ru...

Regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
So, in the super long full campaign mentioned a couple of times, how does the rise of Vercingetorix work? Is it pre-determined at a certain date? According to certain conditions? And who plays the Arverni when he does turn up? Does the German player switch sides?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of those who find that the Belgae keep turtling in Belgium.

Can I get a beta test version of the new bots? I will buy the expansion, I promise...

In my last solo game, Belgae spawned all the warbands but kept circling in Belgium. It happened because:

1. In 54BC as Roman, I dispersed 2 in south Belgium and all Roman units left in winter. Only the Roman fort remained.
2. A small number of German entered Belgium.
3. In 53BCI didn't enter Belgium at all. However, Arveni and Aedui warbands occasionally wander into Belgium due to the flow chart.
4. After all Belgae warbands are on the board, Belgae kept using March. The chart says it will march max amount of war bands, so I march until I have 1+ control. Then, I march the leader and lost control in north Belgium (because there were Germans). In the next turn, Belgae marched back up, and lost control because I had a fort and Belgae had only 1 Ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.