Subject: Room 25 Ultimate Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bratina
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw news about an Ultimate edition coming this year - is this going to happen and if so, when? I really want to buy the game, unless it's worth holding out for the Ultimate edition.
Can we get some info on this? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
United Kingdom
South Brent
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Season 2 physically replaces some of the content from the original game - the old components are literally thrown in the bin, which is a waste. If the ultimate edition manages to combine all of the things from the original + Season 2, presumably for a lower price because it avoids the wasted, redundant components, then hold out for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bratina
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but I don't see that being pushed for Essen, so the question is how long will the wait be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://twitter.com/solartemplar/status/784251792045379584

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know exactly what will be in the Ultimate Edition?
Base + Season 2?
Or maybe more importantly, will it have anything that owners of the base and season 2 don't already have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Base + Season 2?
Or maybe more importantly, will it have anything that owners of the base and season 2 don't already have?

And what about Escape Room expansion? How is something Ultimate when at the same time it really isn't? Confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
msg tools
mb
Slashdoctor wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
Base + Season 2?

And what about Escape Room expansion? How is something Ultimate when at the same time it really isn't? Confused.

I also need answers to these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matagot said that this edition is ONLY for US markets :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bratina
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that really sucks!

Now, I have to figure out how to get my hands on a copy in the States!
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still interested in what is actually inside it

Anyone find that out yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this is now listed on Coolstuffinc, although it doesn't have a good description.

I have to say that it's a bit disappointing that we don't know more about this product. I would like to buy everything for it, including the new expansion, but I don't have enough information to know what to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris nelson
msg tools
I already have seasons 1 and 2, but I would buy this if it provides a better storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Слава Zordok
Russia
Санкт-Петербург
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's a Base + Season 2 with tweaks.
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/107895/room-25/room-25-ultim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is helpful, thank you for that. My hesitation on the Ultimate Edition is that I want to make sure every piece of relevant game content from Season 2 and from the base game are in this box. Sort of like the Machi Koro Deluxe edition, where it had full versions of the base game and the two expansions. I don't want it to be like the Viticulture "essential" edition, or whatever, where only certain game elements from the Tuscany expansion made it in that box.

The coolstuff description lists two game modes, Social hidden identity and Cooperation. The base game had four ways to play: Cooperation, Suspicion, Competition and Solo. Maybe this is just sloppy writing and the Ultimate Edition really has all the original game content. I just want to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main division is between suspicion mode (with loyalty tokens) and the other modes: solo/co-op, team mode (2-character teams), competition (each player for themselves). These three latter modes have only minor rules differences as the names imply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The video clip made it out to sound as if the Ultimate Edition is just the Base and Season 2 content with the only difference being in the rulebook.
Hopefully the tweaks and simple enough just to print them out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister went to BGGcon and they had a couple of copies. I have been looking for one for a long time. She asked me if I wanted it and I naturally said yes. It was being sold for $50. It suppose to come with the base game, season 2, and some bonus stuff. When my sister arrives home tomorrow I can take pictures and give you guys some feedback if you'd like or answer any questions you might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested if there is any bonus stuff.

I thought the publisher said it was the base game and the 1st expansion with some tweaks to the rule book but no new components
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Perez
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that there'a no one, solid place to get that very basic info is a problem. Especially since the game is on preorder. It's unfortunate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this ever going to come out ? I feel like we have been waiting for an age now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available now on Coolstuffinc. I'm hoping the distributors here in Canada get it too... but I've contacted boardgamebliss and greatboardgames and no luck yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Available at greatboardgames!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.