Hide
4 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Variants

Subject: Changing Explosion result rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chan Yung
msg tools
I think that in reality, explosion does not happen like that.
Do you think it would be too difficult to make explosion spread fire to the 8 areas surrounding it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
yung904 wrote:
I think that in reality, explosion does not happen like that.
Do you think it would be too difficult to make explosion spread fire to the 8 areas surrounding it?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I think it was a good idea to completely remove diagonals from all adjacency, movement, spreading, etc. rules. It eliminates many corner cases (no pun intended) and simplifies gameplay a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider a hypothetical diagonal adjacency. There are four wall sites in some way "between" the two squares. When does fire ignite smoke - when all four are gone? When one of the two sides is gone? How about splashover, which is by its nature in a straight line?

You could rewrite the game to do this, but it would be a fair bit of work, and you'd have to rebalance it to account for the extra fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.