Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my Starship Catan through a few days ago, and when i unpacked it, i noticed the board was warped. It wasn't that noticeable at first, but now, if you press and hold down the one board, and the edge of the other, it rises a good centimetre from the table.

Is there any way to fix this? Or have i got a faulty set of boards and should see if i can get a replacement? I mean it doesn't really affect gameplay that much, although i've nearly ruined the cannons/boosters putting them onto the board (now i rest them over-lapping, rather than risk stripping the outer coating from the pieces).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, you should be able to flex them enough get them to lie pretty flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a tad worried about damaging it by trying to flex them in the opposite way. I have an idea of scanning the artwork in, getting it printed professionally, and then mounted on foam-card, but i'm worried if it's all legal to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
What's the warp factor like on your Starship Catan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about that game board in particular but when I have the same problem with any board,
1- Place the board(s) together straight with many paper clips.
2- Put the board(s) in a ziplock.
3- Cut 1/4 of an apple and place in the bag secured from touching the board(s)
4- Seal the ziplock.
5- Wait 1 week.

Should stay straight.
It worked for me.

Happy gaming

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, could you explain how that would work? Not that i am doubting you, but i'm not sure looking at it, how it would do anything than the apple turning gooey, and i get a gooey apple board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it should not happen like that.
Believe me, I tried it many times: Lowenherz boards, Cave Troll, Blue Moon card game, Vinci, Attika...
And it works. And if it does warp back, it at least got better.

I guess, the apple distribute its humidity and dries up. It does not get guey. Maybe if you leave it more than 6 or 7 days. You have to put it in a open little baggie(that does not mess the boards) inside the ziplock with the boards kept as straight as possible with the retainer you like; I use paperclip of different size. The whole thing can lie on its side making sure the apple does not touch the boards. Its easy. And yes, the boards will smell Apple for a certain time. Just makes it more Natural. shake

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.