2 Posts

Meerkats» Forums » Rules

Subject: About the restrictions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

I have a question about the adjacencies.

Quote:
A stone may not be dropped onto a cell that has no adjacent empty cell.

Does 'adjacent' to the @ piece below refers to the bullets (orthogonal connexions) and asterisks (diagonal connexions) around it, or only the bullets?

· · · * ·
· • @ • ·
* • • * ·
· * · · ·

I would usually tend to think it only refers to the orthogonal connexions, but the stones are said to be moved in a straight line either orthogonally or diagonally, which suggests the diagonal connexions may be involved as well.

The question also arises as regards groups; may 'connected' stones be linked diagonally? I suppose they do not, because it would be unusual and thus would probably have been mentioned if so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Alicea
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eobllor wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the adjacencies.

Quote:
A stone may not be dropped onto a cell that has no adjacent empty cell.

Does 'adjacent' to the @ piece below refers to the bullets (orthogonal connexions) and asterisks (diagonal connexions) around it, or only the bullets?

· · · * ·
· • @ • ·
* • • * ·
· * · · ·

I would usually tend to think it only refers to the orthogonal connexions, but the stones are said to be moved in a straight line either orthogonally or diagonally, which suggests the diagonal connexions may be involved as well.

The question also arises as regards groups; may 'connected' stones be linked diagonally? I suppose they do not, because it would be unusual and thus would probably have been mentioned if so.

Yes orthogonal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.