Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Evaluating fan based scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Capt. Winters
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I've got RC Z-Man ed. and are hugely in love with the game and the fact that it's really more than a game, but more like a game system where you can play lot's of different scenarious, both official and fan based. This is really cool and speaks a lot of depth in game mechanics/rules.

I 've just been playing Castaway and Cursed Island and plan to play all official scenarios before I start to play the fan based ones. So, this is where I need your help.

I would like to hear what fan based scenarios do you rate a "4"
or better, from 1-6 (4 = good, 5 = very good and 6 = excellent!).

If someone want to make a poll, please go ahead. I don't know how to do it, but it would be cool to know which scenario should be checked out first? Right now there are about 30 different, but which one is best...or at least good enough to be worthy our attention? Write your games and the grade behind.

Can we make a Top 10 maybe? Helpful links:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181791/scenarios-availabl...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/176334/list-scenarios-rob...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I made a few so will not rate them but want to give a bit of feedback on those:

A great adventure - I needed more work on this and never got around to it so it may not be the best to play.

Treasure Island - This was the easiest I made and made the gold card the focus of the scenario. A light adventure, great if you have children but not so good if you looking for a challenge.

Lost - My favorite of my scenarios, a real tough challenge that has a nice feel to it, plenty of things to get done and I like the way the camp grows as you find your lost crew mates.

The savage beast - Lots of beast hunting involved so health and weapons can be the challenge, not the feel of the others but can present a challenge depending on the characters used.

Ok on to some others:

King Kong - a good scenario deff worth playing. I have played a good few times.
Tracing Doctor Livingstone - also very good, think we played it until all variable stories were played lol.
Forbidden deserted Island - this was deff on the harder side and it added some extra rules which may be confusing if you are not very familiar with the existing game. Played a few times a good scenario.
Through the Jungle - A good scenario that was a challenge, this was my favorite produced by umbre. He also did the one above, klondike gold rush and Hurcules Training.
Dinosaur Island - I seem to remember playing and enjoying it but I think I only played once and it was along time ago.
My memory is sketchy on some of the others and not played quite a few.
Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
서 보국
South Korea
flag msg tools
i really like poachers, and hunter scenario.

poachers scenario feels like jenny + castaway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Capt. Winters
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for input, but come on all you Robinson experts who have tried different fan scenarios. Surly, many more people can say something about how they rate them!

Let's do this and give the community a good overview which scenarios are worthy our time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.