Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zak
Canada
Wofville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. I had a set of custom dice made for ancients a couple years ago and it would be nice if they'd be compatible with medieval too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radiation_King wrote:
Just curious. I had a set of custom dice made for ancients a couple years ago and it would be nice if they'd be compatible with medieval too.

That is good question.
In CCA leader is key to battle, and even reflected on dice.
In CCN, until expansions came, leader had very limited impact.
In BattleLore Leader was non-existent.

I have a feeling that ac CCM focuses on earlier part of Medieval period, it still will have leader. But that is just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, good question. I guess that the leader mechanic will be the same, since the impact of leaders fighting on the field was somehow similar all through the ancient and medieval eras. And the two games being consecutive in time, the troop classes (light, medium, heavy) should be similar too, at least for the Byzantines.

I think it will depend on the compromise between two possible axes. Either they want to stress the similarities with CCA, in order to keep that audience hooked (they already did somehow in their description of the game); either they want to stress the differences, in order to give an extra incentive to buy it even if you have already CCA.

Probably something in between... But that doesn't tell us if the dice will be the same!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radiation_King wrote:

Probably the official dice will be different from those of Ancients but I think it's quite likely you can still use your custom dice, with some "reinterpretation" of the faces. Indeed, you can play both BattleLore and Samurai Battles with Ancients dice, and vice versa.

BattleLore: Leader -> Lore, Crossing Swords -> Shield&Sword
Samurai Battles: Leader -> Honor&Fortune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kendelhardt
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I hope GMT springs for printed or engraved dice. Those stickered monstrosities are embarrassing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
jason10mm wrote:
I hope GMT springs for printed or engraved dice.

That would be a great incentive to buy it! meeple (I will buy it anyway...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Le Rouzes
Canada
Montreal
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jason10mm wrote:
I hope GMT springs for printed or engraved dice. Those stickered monstrosities are embarrassing.

From the components section on GMT's page for the game : "5 Block and Dice Label sheets"

So stickered dice once more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
theflax wrote:
jason10mm wrote:

From the components section on GMT's page for the game : "5 Block and Dice Label sheets"

Yeah I saw that, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theflax wrote:

Bad news... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having shunned them for years, I recently started using the plastic dice supplied with the C&C Ancients and Napoleonic base games. I have found them surprisingly OK, so long as we thrown them from (and trap them under) a good-sized plastic tumbler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.