Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct in assuming that once printing is complete, I'll have to order this direct from the publisher? Or will it be available at local game stores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that this game will be available by Print-On-Demand only, which allows the publisher to control its printing costs and inventory levels.

My information is from this link:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23491767#23491767

Quote:
Because we have partnered with Blue Panther to print our games on demand, we don't pay to have a copy of the game produced until that copy is ordered. While we have to sell so many copies of a game to cover art costs and such, that number of copies is fairly low and will generally ensure we turn a small profit fairly quickly.

[snip]

Quote:
Well, right now we're just offering our games through direct order from our website, with this game coming in October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Hollandspiele also makes considerably cheaper Print-and-play versions available for customers who are defeated by exorbitant shipping costs, via Wargame Vault.
This works fine with an "ordinary" wargame that consists of a map and counters, but Cole's game also requires a number of wooden cubes - so if they take this route, you'll have to supply your own tokens.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:

Hollandspiele also makes considerably cheaper Print-and-play versions available for customers who are defeated by exorbitant shipping costs, via Wargame Vault.
This works fine with an "ordinary" wargame that consists of a map and counters, but Cole's game also requires a number of wooden cubes - so if they take this route, you'll have to supply your own tokens.

Brian

I'll add to that that the cubes are not a critical element of the design. They are used by each player to track revenue and investments. They are also used on the map to mark which supply chains are completed. About 20 cubes will do but you could use other tokens. The cubes also don't need to be the same color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that once printing is complete, I'll have to order this direct from the publisher? Or will it be available at local game stores?

Hi Dennis,

Yes, right now we'll just be offering the game via our site (should be sometime later this month).

I don't know if wider distribution in stores is in the cards. I was talking with the owner at our FLGS, and she said that they usually pay half the MSRP for the games they stock. Well, if we cut the MSRP in half, we'd be selling our games at a loss. Obviously to get in with a major distributor, who would then get it into the stores, there's a further cut-- so given our method of printing, it just doesn't make sense for us to go that route right now.

I talked about that a little bit over here:

https://hollandspiele.com/blogs/hollandazed-thoughts-ideas-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
If you're wondering who keeps refreshing your website multiple times a day, it's me blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Mesa wrote:
If you're wondering who keeps refreshing your website multiple times a day, it's me blush

After getting all the feedback on the rulebook, we have finally sent the files to the printer to order the proof copy. Unless something goes wonky, we should be taking orders by the end of next week, or early the following week. We'll be posting here and sending out one of our newsletters as soon as that happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.