Subject: Wishlist: Legendary: MCU Crossover expansion! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think about the potential of such a big box, Dark City style (i.e., with loosely connected characters and not following a storyline/team) expansion!

Heroes:

1. Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Avengers)
2. Wasp (Hope van Dyne) (Avengers)
3. Scarlet Witch (Avengers)
4. Quicksilver (Avengers)
5. Luke Cage (Marvel Knights)
6. Jessica Jones (Marvel Knights)
7. Quake (SHIELD)
8. May/ Coulson (Divided) (SHIELD)
9. Fitz/ Simmons (Divided) (SHIELD)
10. Mockingbird (SHIELD)
11. Hellcat (Marvel Knights)
12. Vision (Avengers)
13. Ghost Rider (Reyes) (Marvel Knights)
14. War Machine (Avengers)
15. Dr Strange (Marvel Knights)
16. Iron Man - Hulkbuster (Avengers)
17. Agent Carter (SHIELD)

Masterminds:

1. Purple Man - leading 10 random bystanders
2. Hive - leading Rogue Inhumans
3. Ultron - leading Ultron Drones
4. Malekith - leading Dark Elves

Henchman groups

1. HYDRA agents
2. Ultron Drones
3. Dark Elves
4. Dogs of Hell

Villain groups:

1. Rogue Inhumans (Hellfire, Giyera, Alisha)
2. Iron Man Villains (Iron Monger, Whiplash, the Mandarin)
3. HYDRA's elite (Absorbing Man, Grant Ward, Daniel Whitehall, Deathlok - recruitable villain)
4. Mafia leaders (
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Blacksmith, Cottonmouth, Diamondback, Nobu)

5. Avengers' Enemies (Crossbones, Batroc, Yellowjacket, Ulysses Klaw)

Tell me this would not be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably spoiler some of that stuff since I'm guessing some of it is coming from the Luke Cage series that just debuted over the weekend on Netflix. I myself have only seen the first episode...

I figured Purple Man was someone in Luke Cage, but after googling him it turns out he's Kilgrave from Jessica Jones. I love the idea of him leading random Bystanders (who would presumably enter the city as 3 or 4 attack Villains).

Likewise, I had no idea Trish Walker was Hellcat. I don't think she played that big of a role though. I would rather see a Hydra-affiliated Grant Ward playable Hero. We also need a playable Maria Hill Hero.

Also, you gotta have some sort of a "Heads of Hydra" mastermind. Perhaps have each tactic be someone like Alexander Pierce or Gideon Malick. And then in order to fight them, you actually have to defeat two at the same time. And then their Master Strike brings their tactics back...

Man, I'm in the mood to make more customs now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea with the Heads of Hydra is really-really cool!

I've also hidden some of the stuff above (only that from Luke Cage), good point there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If you're gonna do movies, it should be Encounters-style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Amalgam first. Dark Claw, Doctor Strangefate and Super-Soldier. That would be epic. Or weird. Or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
I'll take Amalgam first. Dark Claw, Doctor Strangefate and Super-Soldier. That would be epic. Or weird. Or whatever.

Now I'm going to have to make a Dark Claw custom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
I'd love to see a MCU expansion as well. I'm not sure if I'd want the art to be stills from the movies and shows, or new drawings based on the actors/characters...

I bet you could have powers based on stuff specifically from the movies too. Since many of their powers are tweaked a little for the MCU.

How many schemes come in a big-box expansion? It'd be great to have the main arc from each of the shows and movies as the schemes.

What do you think they could do for new bystanders/wounds/ and that kind of thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8 schemes in a big box expansion.

Well, they could continue adding new special wounds (like those in civil war). bystanders....Foggy Nelson, Bobby Fisher, Claire Temple, lots of opportunities out there!

The question about art is an interesting one - the DC Deckbuilding game TV series crossover expansions use artwork from the shows. I think it would be cool to go with art inspired by the comics, and to integrate the MCU through the presence of the characters themselves and through the powers, as you say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the commissioned artwork used for Legendary Firefly, I'm not sure I'd want UDE to use custom art based on the MCU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork for Predator/Aliens looks fine (some claim that it is inconsistent, but that's not necessarily a flaw - I like seeing different artstyles and they've all got a similar vibe to them..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.