Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Are players allowed to put out as many named leaders as they like during this phase? Except for the romans who choose two counsels every turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you have the Event Cards to play them, sure. Note that for the Greeks, you still have to pay them off at the end of the turn. Of course, you can also just let them go at that point, which gets the card out of your deck and you still get to keep the CU they came on with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
You may have misunderstood me.

I am talking about sequence of play step 10 (Reinforcement Phase). This is after the card playing for the 5 rounds is over and you go through steps 5-10. It says " Place CU and named leaders in any...."
This does not place a limit on how many new leaders may be placed during tis phase. I realize you can bring some leaders in through card plays during step 4 of the Sequence of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Carreras Salvadó
Spain
Vilablareix
Girona
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is no limit, but the leaders must have been brought to play by an event card. That's specified on section 8.2 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, I think I see now. So, I can also play a leader event card during the Reinforcement phase to place a leader as well as during the Play card phase and just place him according to 5.10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you only play cards during the Action Phase. Reinforcement phase leaders are ones that were placed in the Displaced Leaders box during the turn, usually through Event Play like "Dis comes to Brennus" or if their stack of CU was wiped out in combat. You can't play cards outside of the Action Phase - this holds true for the Surrender Phase for instance - you can't play Siege modifier cards on your end of turn free Siege roll .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff curtis
United States
west allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
ok got it tyvm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.