Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Whapham
United States
Sunbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,
I'm headed to the Boston area (specifically, Marlborough) this coming weekend and wanted to know what game stores are in the area.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Dale aka PB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Games People Play in Cambridge

Compleat Strategist in Boston

There are also some in the surrounding cities and towns depending on how far you are willing to travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Whapham
United States
Sunbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming up for a family wedding on saturday, but other than that I'm not entirely sure what the agenda is. figured i'd check out the local gaming scene while i was there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Uccello
United States
Millbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PoppaBear wrote:
Greetings,
I'm headed to the Boston area (specifically, Marlborough) this coming weekend and wanted to know what game stores are in the area.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Dale aka PB
The two earlier suggestions are in the city; not an easy or pleasant commute. From Marlborough, you can take Rt 85 south to Route 9 and go to The Whiz (http://www.whiznet.com/), or 495N to Rt 2 to Acton and check out Gaming Etc.(http://www.gamingetc.com/). There is also Excelsior Comics and Games (http://www.excelsiorcomicsandgames.com/) in Maynard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PoppaBear wrote:
I'm coming up for a family wedding on saturday, but other than that I'm not entirely sure what the agenda is. figured i'd check out the local gaming scene while i was there.

If you're actually in Boston this weekend, let me know and I can guide you to game stores or game get togethers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Games People Play in Cambridge

Compleat Strategist in Boston

There are also some in the surrounding cities and towns depending on how far you are willing to travel.

In addition to these, there's also Pandemonium in Cambridge (near Central Square). They have open board gaming at 7:00 on Sundays as I recall.

There's also the board game cafe Knight Moves in Boston and Somerville.

Not sure what other days you'll be around. https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonboardgames/ has meetups for board gaming on Sundays as well, if you're looking to play games and not just browse stores.

I'm less familiar with what is closer to Marlborough, but I'm sure there's something for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Compleat Strategist is your best bet. It is small and relatively unorganized but I have found many OOP games there at MSRP...and not a penny less.

The Games People Play has a small selection and used to have a clearance table that ranged from great to ho-hum but I haven't been there in a while.

Pandemonium has a HUGE playing space downstairs mostly filled with MtG. Their board game selection includes most of the popular titles you've heard of.

All the other stores you can probably skip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lynch
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PoppaBear, keep an eye on the weather.

Could get a visit from hurricane Matthew late Saturday or Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
donlyn wrote:

PoppaBear, keep an eye on the weather.

Could get a visit from hurricane Matthew late Saturday or Sunday.

As of this morning, the storm was tracking well south of Massachusetts and it looks like we might only get a little rain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
all other stores skip? naaa... there's Eureka Puzzles which actually has a small yet Just Right selection of board games and some esoteric card games (think some japanese ones). Brookline.

But from out west I think he got his best options, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.