9 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: RTL: "No Mercy" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Summer
Germany
flag msg tools
Can you use all skills that are not mentioned in the "Appendix I" ?

e.g. can a champion use "No Mercy" in RTL ?
Quote:
After the overlord completes a monster group's activation, a hero within 3 spaces of you (including yourself) may spend 2 valor to exhaust this card and immediately perform an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. To my knowledge the only skills that absolutely can't be used are those that meddle with Overlord cards, but that's because those cards don't exist with the App.

I'd say that if you can apply the skill then you can use it. This one can be applied and the app even allows it since you can mark an enemy group as defeated during their activation.

Give them No Mercy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Summer
Germany
flag msg tools
ok, thank you!

i had in mind the following rule:
Quote:
Note that monster activations are not an
Overlord turn, and as such, hero abilities and skills that are used “once per turn” cannot be used during a monster activation.

Do you have any example which skills are effected by this ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
carsten1977 wrote:
ok, thank you!

i had in mind the following rule:
Quote:
Note that monster activations are not an
Overlord turn, and as such, hero abilities and skills that are used “once per turn” cannot be used during a monster activation.

Do you have any example which skills are effected by this ?

After a research I found that only the Wildlander's First Strike activates during an overlord's turn:

First Strike wrote:
During the overlord's turn, immediately after he chooses a monster to activate, you may exhaust this card to perform an attack targeting that monster with a Bow. After this attack is resolved, if the monster was not defeated, it may continue its activation.

Nevertheless, I think it could be easily used in Road to Legend without fuss; and the fact that that skill is not explicitly listed under the exception at the end of the rulebook (like Danger Sense) could be a hint that the they intended it to be an available choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think something like the Alchemists elixir tokens might fall into that once per turn business.

They say that once per turn heroes can discard an elixir token to regain health. This is only allowed to happen during the heroes activation, so when activating a monster you couldn't use them.

I'm going by memory with this but the verbal on the card is something like that.

I always took that rule to mean that skills that were intended to be used during a players turn had to happen during a hero's activation, not anywhere in a game round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Apothecary's elixir tokes and Prophet's vision token may only be discarded by a hero during his own turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
Old Elder Mok (1E conversion) would be an example of once-per-turn running into issues w/ RtL. There are a few others, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:
Old Elder Mok (1E conversion) would be an example of once-per-turn running into issues w/ RtL. There are a few others, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

Oh! If we are looking also at heroes' feat and abilities then:
- Even the new Elder Mok's ability (Oath of the Outcast) may trigger during an overlord turn.
- Sir Valadir's ability, if you manage to attack out-of-your-turn may be used once in each turn.
- Raythen's ability comes out a bit nerfed (bad things that rquires attribute tests tend to happen during a monster's activation or at the end of the round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.