GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,284 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » General

Subject: Playing it Solitaire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to lack of opponents, I have to play some games solitaire. I noticed that some people have been doing that with this game. I tried, and it seemed too difficult to do because you have to set each formation, and choose action cards. A big part of the game is not knowing what the opponent will be doing. How do people play this solitaire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several games solitaire and several face to face. It's more interesting with an actual opponent but solitaire is quite fun.

How I did it:

Use all normal rules, no house rules or variants required.

Figure out what I want to do on offense. Set my formation.

With defense, look at the offense formation and either try to deduce what an opponent would do in response, OR just randomly pick to blitz or sit back. If I sit back I typically go man to man coverage or maybe zone. I just mix it up.

Build the play using a similar methodology.

I've found that defensive play is largely reacting (unless you're running a blitz), so I just make straightforward and logical choices.

Once a play is running it's no problem playing both sides to their best ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try it this way:

- shuffle up the defense's cards and then randomly build a play without looking
- after the snap, play them as you did in you were already doing
- if at any point you decide to read-and-react with the defense or perform a bench boost, you flip the defensive bench around so that you can see the cards and make the swap or pull the card [this will allow you to know the play cards but not the order]
- shuffle the defensive bench cards and place them back on the bench
- if the play call cards run out, pull cards like you did in the game you played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.