Subject: International Justice Mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw a thread about a charity auction for a charity I have never heard of before, thought I would check it out.

Not only does it seem they concentrate on one issue (to be fair a good cause) but seem to use very questionable tactics, and may in fact be doing more harm then good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Saw a thread about a charity auction for a charity I have never heard of before, thought I would check it out.

Not only does it seem they concentrate on one issue (to be fair a good cause) but seem to use very questionable tactics, and may in fact be doing more harm then good.

Please, do enlighten us on the "correct" way for their efforts. I mean, you know, amirite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Please, do enlighten us on the "correct" way for their efforts. I mean, you know, amirite?

Well (as far as I can tell) many of those they "rescue" get deported back to their countries of origin. So it looks as if once they have "rescued" (told the police about the brothel and just say back whilst the police raided it) they wash their hands of them.

What they should do is raise funds to ensure that these women can live without taking up prostitution, not just shop them to the police.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wow Man, actual "attention whores" and they 'gots MEIN! So, these others were JUST & ONLY 'anti-Pimps' or were they 'predisposed' toward LOCAL 'whores' "Born & bred"? /kiss\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.