Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie Kane has the following passive ability: When you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.

Now, there are asset cards like this:
Charter Flight: When you gain this card, immediately move up to 2 spaces. Then discard this card.

Can Charlie distribute such cards? I ask, because, these cards ask to do something immediately, when you gain them. When Charlie distributes assets, who gains them first? He himself? Or the recipient?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Charlie Kane has the following passive ability: When you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.

Now, there are asset cards like this:
Charter Flight: When you gain this card, immediately move up to 2 spaces. Then discard this card.

Can Charlie distribute such cards? I ask, because, these cards ask to do something immediately, when you gain them. When Charlie distributes assets, who gains them first? He himself? Or the recipient?
The card isn't gained twice. If Charlie chooses another investigator to gain a card, only that investigator gains the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the card is pretty clear. Charlie Kane performs the acquire assets action, but he can choses someone else to "gain" the card. So Charlie never actually gains the card himself. Basically, he is using his connections and influence to help someone else gain an item. He can hook other players up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they wanted to accurately portray a politician then it should be "when someone else acquires an asset it goes to Charlie Kane."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the implication is:

"When you perform an Acquire Assets action, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase instead of you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.