David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
I thought for sure this question had been answered in an faq or discussion before but I couldn't seem to find it.

You have a single missed dice. You want to play concentrate fire to reroll up to two dice. Can you reroll the missed dice, and then, if it is a miss, reroll it again?

Different games with similar abilities seem to often have different rules on this so I wasn't sure. We've played were you can. But I can totally see it going the other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are allowed to reroll a die more than once. It comes down to a timing. Do you have to reroll the two dice at the same time. I have played this card both ways against two opponents that had different views.

I feel that you play the card and you roll 1 or 2 dice and then the card is spent. It is a single combat action so the dice are rolled at the same time.

From the rule guide:
Some abilities reroll dice. A die can be rerolled any number
of times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
[For the sake of clarity, I edited my initial two posts into a single one.]

A single Concentrate Fire card can only reroll one die or two different dice. If you want to reroll the same die again, you can do it using another tactic card.

RR p. 05, "Play a Tactic Card" subsection:
"If an ability rerolls dice, all dice from that ability are
rerolled at the same time. Another ability may reroll
those dice again."

RR p. 07, "Dice" section:
"Some abilities reroll dice. A die can be rerolled any number
of times."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Crap, I must have gotten my games mixed up. I've deleted my incorrect response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Perf wrote:
A single Concentrate Fire card can only reroll one die or two different dice. If you want to reroll the same die again, you can do it using another tactic card.

RR p. 05, "Play a Tactic Card" subsection:
"If an ability rerolls dice, all dice from that ability are
rerolled at the same time. Another ability may reroll
those dice again."

RR p. 07, "Dice" section:
"Some abilities reroll dice. A die can be rerolled any number
of times."

Some GG to you Sir, for actually citing a reference when answering a rules question! I applaud you, for I think that's how all rules questions should be answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
bgm1961 wrote:
Some GG to you Sir, for actually citing a reference when answering a rules question! I applaud you, for I think that's how all rules questions should be answered.

Thanks! I'm cheating, though - I have a PDF of rulebook on my Windows desktop at home and at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Thanks! I'm cheating, though - I have a PDF of rulebook on my Windows desktop at home and at work.

you know... in case of emergencies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of a line from I, Robot.

Isaac Asimov wrote:
Powell reached for the "Handbook of Robotics" that weighed down one side of his desk to a near-founder and opened it reverently. He had once jumped out of the window of a burning house dressed only in shorts and the "Handbook." In a pinch, he would have skipped the shorts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.