BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Live Action Game for 150 students at park?!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My school is taking the 8th grade to the park in a few weeks and I thought if I could work it out now we could try to play some sort of live-action game. The problem is that, while it appears there is a large group of people doing fun things in the larger cities, few if any of the games are listed or have rules...

Are there any good resources out there for live action style games? I am NOT look for a LARP though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Maybe it would be possible to modify the rules of Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live to accommodate your group size? I'm not really sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Strickhouser wrote:
My school is taking the 8th grade to the park in a few weeks and I thought if I could work it out now we could try to play some sort of live-action game. The problem is that, while it appears there is a large group of people doing fun things in the larger cities, few if any of the games are listed or have rules...

Are there any good resources out there for live action style games? I am NOT look for a LARP though...

That's a lot of people.. closest thing I've seen to that large is Two Rooms and a Boom. But I doubt that that would be appropriate for a class of 8th graders.. You might be able to find or design your own re-theme with a less controversial topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should be a little more specific...

First, not all will play. Maybe 100.

Second, I am looking for something like "tag" or "capture the flag" only...fun.

Something that would make them think would be nice, but not entire essential.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Condiment
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe something like a scavenger hunt? That would keep it fairly simple and easy to run, but to make it more interesting you could dress it up with game elements: some plot, different teams (factions) with competing goals, and so forth. If it's complex enough, each team might have to divide up to achieve different parts of some larger goal.

Whatever you decide to do, I'd be interested in hearing how it went. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
"Biggest Fan"

Everyone matches up with a partner and plays a quick 3 round game of rock/paper/scissors. The winner moves on and finds their next competition. HOWEVER, the person who lost to them, becomes their "Biggest Fan" and follows them around cheering them on. This goes on and on until 2 people are playing for the championship, each with 48 fans a piece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja destruction comes to mind. Google it to learn the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MURPHY
United States
LITTLETON
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowboys, Ninjas and Bears - modified to have a "safe line" 10 yards back.

Rules:If you team "Wins" you immediately chase the other team to their safe line. If your team "loses" your team is chased to your safe line. If anyone reaches a safe line, they are safe. If anyone on your team is tagged by the other team, they join the other team (red rover style). Team to consume the other team wins.

Its hilarious to see people freeze and not remember if they should chase or be chased!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Strickhouser wrote:
I guess I should be a little more specific...

First, not all will play. Maybe 100.

Second, I am looking for something like "tag" or "capture the flag" only...fun.

Something that would make them think would be nice, but not entire essential.

Thanks!

I should have asked this earlier, but, what's wrong with Capture the Flag? I would have thought it would have been a good option for what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.