Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I haven't got the game yet, but playing the app in the meanwhile, and watching some videos. One things I don't fully understand is temporarily closing locations. I can understand if it has like a Wisdom check, like in the manual's example, but if there's a henchman to defeat do you search through the location deck for said henchman and do all those requirements first? Also, is there something about removing all henchmen/monsters from a closed location? There app seems to do something funny but can't figure out what...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the location requires you to summon and defeat a henchman to close, there will be a copy of it in the box. So you pull it from the box. If you defeat it, you've temporarily closed the location. If you fail to defeat it, the location is not temporarily closed. Either way, put it back in the box where it came from.

If you successfully permanently close a location, you banish (put back in the box) everything in the location except for any villains that might be in there. If you happen to find a villain in there, then the location stays open, but the only thing left is the villain. Otherwise, the location is closed and you activate the "When Permanently Closed" power.

If you want, you can download the rulebook to prep for when the game arrives. Good luck on your adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NikToo wrote:
I haven't got the game yet, but playing the app in the meanwhile, and watching some videos. One things I don't fully understand is temporarily closing locations. I can understand if it has like a Wisdom check, like in the manual's example, but if there's a henchman to defeat do you search through the location deck for said henchman and do all those requirements first? Also, is there something about removing all henchmen/monsters from a closed location? There app seems to do something funny but can't figure out what...

As far as I know, locations that have a requirement to defeat a henchman will tell you which kind. So you just look them up in the box and take them from there. When defeating a summoned henchman like that, you don't get an opportunity to permanently close the location. This is only possible if hte henchman came from the location deck itself.

When you close a location, you check the location deck if any villain card is present, and banish all the cards, except for villains. When no villains were present, the location is permanently closed.

While waiting, you can always check the manual on the Paizo website, and see how the base game was converted to the app. The main difference (gameplay wise) between the app and the real game is that attempting to acquire a boon is mandatory (for now) in the app, while it is a choice in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if a card or rule says "summon" the card is pulled from the box. If you are to find the card from the location deck, it will clearly say that is what you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.